Toribash
Re: Uke-bot
Updated. See above.

Learning mechanism ftw.

Will be updated with saving once hampa enables io again.
I see. So this is AI of a sort? What'd be neat is having it collect info from all matches against it (impossible, I know) and thus formulate Deep Blue type strategies.
Originally Posted by Spamking
I see. So this is AI of a sort? What'd be neat is having it collect info from all matches against it (impossible, I know) and thus formulate Deep Blue type strategies.

Not impossible. Jokker has done a great bot here, but to further it's "brain" he needs the IO enabled on LUA. Something the devs will have to allow for the next beta.

Infact, someone ought to make a small video to show people what exactly the bot can do.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
I wish that it could collect data from replays... then it might be able to develop counters for even people's multiplayer moves. Ideally, I'd want it to be usable as a training tool for multiplayer, just like the AI in other games.
Hm.. if you were allowed to write to the /scripts directory, we could train our own bots. Then we could have bot-battles

Edit: Or even a bot that was passed through all the best players and have a super bot.

Exactly my thinking. Imagine playing against a team of all of the superplayers, telepathically linked, except all of them agreed on what to do next. No matter what, this thing would win against all current strategies. That'd be awesomely fun, especially if we could pit it against a copy of itself in a five thousand frame battle.
I like the botnn better, the new one just really moves two or three joints...
Don't take life too seriously, you never get out of it alive anyways.
Originally Posted by COM(B)AT View Post
I like the botnn better, the new one just really moves two or three joints...

Actually, it does that until it gets a good move. But I just noticed it doesn't keep moves through matches. Not really. Let's all wish for IO. Then it'll be all ok.

Also, note that its original setting is hold all. Then, if it does a move, starts using that type of joint movement. And then it starts moving more joints, etc, etc.

Also, botnetting is impossible on Toribash Lua, because sending network packets isn't allowed (and a good thing, actually.)