Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
[RSO] Thread of improving
Figured we aren't actually teaching people to spar, made this thread to change that. The purpose of this org is "to help beginner sparrers learn the true beauty of sparring, and to help the skilled spread their knowledge" after all.

This thread will be full of information about sparring, tips and tricks, videos etc.
This will obviously require some work from our teachers and leaders though.
So post your best tips, usefull videos, replays people might learn from or simply a diffrent mod you've enjoyed sparring in and I shall add it to this post. I might sticky this if it gets big enough.

I'm going to start this of by adding a really usefull tutorial video, by Mocucha.

As Mocucha's video said, sparring isn't about beating up your partner, its about working together with your partner.

Blocking:
Blocking is always good to know. There are several ways to block a incomming kick or punch. Doing it with your hands looks best (In my oppinion). Ask your partner where they will hit you, then it's just to block that place.
You can always dodge it too.

Example.
If you go and watch Oblivion's replay "Oblivion", you'll see he had a lot of chances to actually kill his partner, but he didn't, he made it all look better with a lot of tricks and stuff.

Useful positions

Now please, pitch in and add a little knowledge

Good job. ~ Hours
Last edited by jisse; Jan 4, 2013 at 04:38 PM.