Toribash
Originally Posted by Organ View Post
how many custom built mac's do you see? lol

Most macs are sealed, which means you have to basically cut the case open.
I made this mod after getting my headphones. It was pretty simple though. Nothing too complicated.

"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
You know, Make Magazine issued a post on how to make a "robot/computer" that can replicate itself by making the parts. What interests me the most is that they call it a Home Project. Heh, I can imagine it... Reproducing Toasters!

Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Most macs are sealed, which means you have to basically cut the case open.

Too true, my friend gave me his iMac G3 in hopes that I can fix it myself. I am completely devoid of any info on how to fix Macintosh parts, let alone have the necissary materials to cut open the case. That seems to be the only problem with the Macintosh...

EDIT: Has anyone seen the article MyCPU? Apperently some german dude made his own CPU, and released everything to the public, even an emulator. His website is being run by his own Homemade server. http://www.mycpu.eu/ now wonder the website is so slow...
Last edited by galilsnap; Jul 8, 2010 at 10:46 PM.
I'm actually working on a full PC in dwarf fortress at the moment, should be fun to make a computer, however designing a CPU isn't actually that hard, it's mostly ALU then hardware handling, bandwidth/data handling and thats about it really. CPU's are less complicated than you might assume.
XD by the time someone is done making a homebrew computer, everyone is gonna be like "Hey, the 1960's called, they want their computer back"
alright guys, since i've modified my videocard heatsync i have been able to overclock my gpu allowing me to get really good results in 3dmark 06

here's a quick comparison

with the actual results this is with the default 3dmark06 settings nothing has been altered before starting this test
Last edited by Organ; Jul 9, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
You don't say?