Ranking
Original Post
rules somewhere in game
so most people who get this game don't go on the forums or really do anything so they don't know the rules of the game like when i first played this i didn't know you could even get banned... so could you put the rules some where in game like no racism no mcing in tourneys. Even a no mcing rule in the desc of pubs and tourneys would help and if there are a list of rules in the game itself where are they? i've been playing for a while and have never seen them.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
yea like put a pop up when you click on multiplayer it brings a popup with all the in game rules on
great idea
supported
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
Yeah this would clear things up for most of the newer people. However, I think it shouldn't be mentioned in the desc or in-game chat in tourneys because it would be annoying to scroll up the chat to read the rules when people are heavily chatting.

I think there should be a highlighted link in the menu of Toribash so you don't even have to paste the link of the rules in the chat. You just could say "read the rules in the menu".

tl; dr: supported
I'm only cleaning here..
First of all, is this really a problem? The most severe rule-breakers are perfectly aware of what they're doing. Someone who accidentally broke rules rarely get more than a warning.
I suppose it would help with the texture thefts.

If this were to be implemented, which rules would you pick? Keep in mind nobody wants to read through a huge list when they're about to play a game, so it's good to keep it short and understandable.

I personally like the popup idea, specific to when you first enter multiplayer. The absolute majority probably go single player for a good while before even clicking mp, so forcing rules on players the first time they launch the game is a terrible idea.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
If you never go on the forum you really have no idea that there are rules to the game I'm not saying all the rules have to be shown but they should be somewhere at least a lot of new players don't know that you can report people for harassing you or even scamming you if I had never gotten in a clan or I was newer I wouldn't have even known about the forums
And I know for a fact the MC in tourneys rule isn't stated and needs to be put somewhere at least I was trying to warn some people who were mcing in a public server but they were just like "who cares we're just trying to have fun"
Now a scroll through of all the rules in the game I don't think it should be forced upon you like before you jump in the multiplayer pop up comes up or something there should be like a little tab for it just so you know or some thing I mean when you were new to the game did you automatically know about the forums?
Last edited by Pimp; Oct 31, 2015 at 06:23 PM.
How's this?
  1. Don't wear textures that aren't your own
  2. Don't multiclient in public servers
  3. If you've been scammed, [hyperlink to scam reports]
  4. If someone is misbehaving in-game, [hyperlink to general reports]
  5. The full list of rules can be found [here]
  6. [Hyperlink to #support]

I don't think a popup will be a huge issue as long as we keep it short.
Last edited by Lazors; Nov 1, 2015 at 01:09 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
yeah that should be good you don't want to scare people off with a huge list of rules
how
about a popup for gm game servers,
so they dont have to explain the rules every single time
Idk how that that even work the gms would just make a tab pop that might be to much extra imo and each gm server has different rules so i don't think that is a good idea...
Add " the full list of ingame rules can be found [here]"
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.