Toribash
Original Post
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
on the other hand making mods and scripts in C# instead of lua/tbm format for unity toribash should be amazing

genuinely frightened of this lmao

i know zero C#, but i can't imagine it would be easier to learn C# than the tbm syntax for people not particularly interested in learning a language to do a bit of modding, and lua was super easy to learn too

i definitely think the tbm format can be improved on, and the current .tnm mod format for next is really suboptimal in its current (presumably test) state, but it'd suck to have to adapt to something like C#
Last edited by pouffy; Jun 30, 2019 at 10:16 PM.
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
Here's more information. Prob won't be making another till after the summer.

Oh god we get to start from 0 that's cheesy

by the way, are we going to get more joints on our toris? is that what you said? cause that's gonna be wack as hell, the new wave of players will sure have a lot of problems dealing with that, as if 21~ joints werent enough
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
Oh god we get to start from 0 that's cheesy

by the way, are we going to get more joints on our toris? is that what you said? cause that's gonna be wack as hell, the new wave of players will sure have a lot of problems dealing with that, as if 21~ joints werent enough

default models will be the same, it will be possible to add more joints on top of that via modding. no new learning or overcomplication where unnecessary

its going to be sick as hell, you cant even imagine the cool stuff ill be able to do with that
Yeah what pouffy said. learning the new additional joints shouldn't be that difficult for someone who already has a firm grasp of how a tori works. While new comers, are new anyway, so its not that much more difficult than learning 21.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
I just wanted to share my thoughts on something. Why I think we should all start as white belts on Toribash Next. So in my video above I talked about Hampa wanting us all to start from white belt on toribash. Some people wanted this, some didn't.

But It's just recently hit me, that this isn't a big deal at all. To have to start over in Next.

Yes people have worked hard to gain their belts/qi on Toribash.

But like any other game with a leveling/rank system, it resets back to 0 upon the release of a new game in the franchise. It'd be unfair to have certain people start with higher belts/qi and have access to things only accessible to people of higher belts/qi.

If toribash next was an add-on or expansion of Toribash, that'd be the exception. But it's a completely new game, so I believe it'd be quite normal to have to start completely over.

As for getting your customize tori and items back, this makes sense. Because in some games, when a new game comes out; if you have played previous games in the franchise you typically can get rewarded with special, items, or entire looks. This In toribash next could come in the form of textures, old 3D items, or special purchasable icons that give recognition to original players of Toribash.

But BELT/QI recognition should be wiped from Toribash Next but remain on Toribash.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Disagree.

Your arguments are based on other games experience and have nothing to do with toribash with its unique economy

I know nabi will probably be able to make more money from ppl buying qi boosters and shit, but I don't really understand what will happen to high qi stuff. And I think this will also have negative impact on toribash economy, because it's kinda built around QI.

You should keep it in mind that qi is NOT rank/level in toribash, it just represents the amount of games you've played and gives you an ability to buy high qi stuff. As for resetting all players ranks as tb next comes out, we already have ranking seasons, so it's not a big deal.

I also apologize for my english
RELAX ALL
I disagree with resetting the QI.

I've always seen QI as a guidance to immediately have a glance at people's experience with the game. I know that buying QI and alts ruin the whole thing, but in general when you see an high belt player certainly it's not the first time he's playing. I see the resetting QI thing more as a punishment rather than a "exciting thing to make us play again". I don't even know if I'd be able to wear my current items in TBN with no QI, and most likely I won't spend another 1000 hours to get back to where I am. Since TB and TBN won't be all that different as gameplay it seems fitting to me that the QI should stay the same.
" I don't even know if I'd be able to wear my current items in TBN"

"most likely I won't spend another 1000 hours to get back to where I am."

By default Hampa is giving you back your items if you ask, as you've worked or purchased them, you're entitled to them, so by losing you QI in Toribash Next you would simply be losing the ability to recognize who is experienced and who isn't. As well as leveling the playing field as far as what Toribash Next Items you can buy. There would be no penalty as far as items. you would "lose" nothing in Next.

Next will have its own items, and have its own gear, locked behind its own Toribash Next QI restrictions, no connection to Toribash QI. It's not being shared between two games.

He IS MAKING an alternate branch in the economy not altering the current one. (TC is a different story)

Items Everyone will have to work for. But if you have God Belt QI going into Toribash Next. That's not fair. you'd be able to have access to Toribash Next God Belt QI leveled items.

Something WILL have to reset, because all items in Toribash Next should be worked for or purchased in the same way they were in Toribash. And if QI is transferred over then that will not be the case.

QI restrictions will be removed for items you already own in Toribash Next. Even if you're a white belt in Next.

This is what Hampa is implying by starting over from white belt, but giving you back your shit you own and worked for.
It will give everyone a blank slate to work up to buying and purchasing NEW Toribash Next gear and items.
But this has no connection to the shit you already own as you will be able to get all that back.

So let me re-word this...

Toribash Next needs to have an ALTERNATE QI progression. This is what i mean by Reset. Not wiping your QI on the original Toribash.
Last edited by matarika; Jul 4, 2019 at 10:59 PM.