Toribash
I just want so say thank you all for being still up to this day, this game toribash has so much possibility
its a blessing to be with you guys on a same level (fairplay, ggs, style) in which we can continue our thing
I never was the clan type of dude, rather like a lone wolf striving
but wolf spelled backwards is fl0w, so its just right that I found my home for so many years here

cheers fellas
Enjoint life
Ah well good memories ;p

Pushing wushu "golden age" with tutorials, comebacks and having people experience and enjoy it like we did was a great fun,

Right, so the whole esport debacle started pretty simple:
Team wushu was a thing, and besides raising overal bar for decent game play, which we did, there was an attemt to answer the question how to implement "soft rules" into the mod itself, to make mod that favors following the desired player behavior, point threshold were tried, it sorta worked but needed fixing

The infamius esport naming that triggered the whole thing happened after i talked with hampa, what was his vision for toribash, he said "esport"
And i was like, we can try to move in this vector, so the next series of events followed:
As some May remember, my focus of playing/saying around toribash always was to push for more enjoyable(subjective) game play, so ive been tailoring mods like aikido towards this vision (bushido throws), and getting positive feedback, people really like it, same goes for wushu, comebacks always, random opener, people really enjoyed that type of gameplay

So what happened is, after talk with hamps about esport, I simply renamed several mods ive been tinkering with (all alterations targeted to install soft rules into setting) and posted this pack on mods forum, while naming it esport
Which triggered modteam and later in chain duelers

So the intent was never "everything is competative", thats one of the reason i really hated drhax, as he was pushing the idea that everything can be competative and the most effective game play within current mod setting is the way to go

While my approach always was to find an enjoyable high skills ceiling game play loop with lots of growth potential, and tailor make a mod around it, that encourages this game play

Aikido7/aikido5 was tested on beginner server, but with no tutorial as a refference people were confused, and could not play the mod

Points wushu (or esport/whatever) was doing better, but was rough around the edges, brushu was too long so not sustainable for mass players, again with no tutorial link

I have No idea why there was such a police that links were forbiden but this is one of the reasons why it all didnt fly

In any case, after some time in modified aikido, we in bushido reached up a ceiling with what was possible within game limitations, and i started pushing for ball axis grabs and break able grabs, that would eliminate body distortions etc, while allowing old and New players to play comfortably

Ball axis and break able were implemented after a couple of years, and momentum was lost, and as i see its still where we left it

So thats what happened and where we at
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15