Ranking
Odlov is right. Each serves their own purpose and should both be used depending on the situation. If anyone really believes that relax style is better than hold style, I would like to see you try against MINE! But relax style has many advantages, and also has lots of disadvantages. Same with hold style. But if you know the physics of the game, you can potentially bring both to a frighteningly powerful level. Noobs believe that relax style looks more pro, but it is not true.

Also, usage of a mixture throughout long frame games is what most pros actually use, and neither should be underestimated.
Another good analogy i thought of is to imagine force/relax as fork and spoon...
Both are used for beating your opponent, but serve slightly different functions
Originally Posted by CompactHit View Post
Noobs believe that relax style looks more pro, but it is not true.

It does look more pro because your joints move with the flow of your tori. You can achieve the same with holdstyle but you have to move all your joints.
It doesn't have to be more powerful.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Yeah but you can use the hold if you are good at it.
For example I use relax because for me its good, but everyone have his ideas.
Click here, you'll recieve a cookie
[17:41] <@pusga> i want to cum inside dave
well, i think that they're both important, hold is for some moves and relax is for other moves but if you know how to use hold it's really cool, sometimes it could be appear better then relax
IMO, it's not 'rlax is best for dis, held is best for dat', but it's more of a balance of both relax and hold.
you should hold and relax. they are both equal and very different. Have you seen the old replays or like boaf nrgspoon and people like that? some of the greatest replays can only be attained through holding. Holding offers more stability and balance while relax offers more strength if hit well and flexibility which lead to "better aim" since you can hit almost anywhere you want in an area.
Originally Posted by reekondub View Post
you should hold and relax. they are both equal and very different. Have you seen the old replays or like boaf nrgspoon and people like that? some of the greatest replays can only be attained through holding. Holding offers more stability and balance while relax offers more strength if hit well and flexibility which lead to "better aim" since you can hit almost anywhere you want in an area.

Holding maintains relative joint position, while relax goes with the flow. Holding offers more balance to the ones struggling to use joints for balance, and with hold you can just move two joints and Tori keeps standing up. And relax won't offer more strenght, you can flail to gain momentum, but if you're going for strength you need to use extend/contract most of the time. It's all about what you want a joint to do. In a good replay you need both.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
Relax is so much better, and I have a few good reasons

1. it's good for building up an attack with force

2. you take less damage, and you make more damage

3. you look smooth and awesome when doing it.
Originally Posted by PSI View Post
Relax is so much better, and I have a few good reasons

1. it's good for building up an attack with force

2. you take less damage, and you make more damage

3. you look smooth and awesome when doing it.

Originally Posted by Meamme0 View Post
In a good replay you need both.

I couldn't be arsed to quote the numerous other posts basically saying the same thing. A balance between both relaxing and holding is the best formula.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time