Ranking
I attached the replay I used in that video.

And I don't think your experiment here is going to be effective. Points have nothing to do with the ease of dismemberment for a joint. Technically, yes, the "harder" you hit something, the more points you'll get, but dismemberments have so much more to them than simply the strength of a hit. The aim and angle is much more important in terms of getting a dismemberment. If you were to do any sort of test, I think the best one would probably be to use a mod that drops a block or something onto ukes shoulder, something where you can vary the speed/weight of the block but not the angle. Your strategy is just going to come up with some arbitrary numbers that don't really mean anything most likely.
Attached Files
BLUntEd FuNk.rpl (278.2 KB, 16 views)
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Originally Posted by ThatNnja View Post
No matter what it is, speed, weight, angle, all of it is converted into damage points.

The thing is, lets say you dismember the chest, right? And maybe you get around 2000 points. By your definition, if I can get a hit on the wrist joint with the power of 2000 points (or whatever you would calculate) you will get the dm. But, you can also score 1 million points on the same joint and not get the dm. (see: most points in one hit record)
h
The current point system awards much more that one point per point of damage done. And that hit that you said got over a million points probably damaged many body parts because you don't only score from joints, he probably damaged 5+ different body parts which each give 30+ points per point of damage done to them. And, solid body parts never break so he could be doing hundreds of points of damage to it and never breaking the joint right next to it. I'm saying that you can change it in the mod menu so that you only get points for damaging a single specified joint, and you get one point per point of damage done, so you could use the points to measure how much damage has been done to that particular joint.

Also to be clear, damage points are not the same as score points.
Last edited by ThatNnja; Apr 9, 2015 at 09:58 PM.
Here's the replay for most points in one hit (flawless).

He's only hitting 2 different joints with the foot, neither break, and it does over a million "score points".

Which are the only kind of points that are visible to the player. There is literally no way to measure or see these "damage points" you're talking about. They may exist as part of the code, but as the player, that's not information you can work with unless we get the source code or something. The only indication that we have in terms of damage to a joint is given by how red it is, which, in addition to being completely subjective (how can you compare different shades of red? Can you find the "maximum" red?), is impossible to measure anyway as shown by the bruise glitch. I really don't think there's any way to do the test you want to do without contacting hampa or some other dev.
Originally Posted by ThatNnja View Post
I think that damage can stack up. Some dm/fracs are instant and others are a combination of multiple hits.

For example: two 50 point hits on the same spot dm with a threshold of 100.

Originally Posted by Rune View Post
If you hit a joint and it's red, but you wait to hit again you may not get a dm/fracture.
If you hit the joint, it's red, and you hit again and you get a dm/fracture it's because the joint has already withheld a certain amount of damage and will collapse at more. If you wait the percentage is weaker unless you do something strong. I guess you could say it "regenerates" when it slowly goes back to white (or whatever force color/joints you have).

Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
The redder the joint, the more damage it's taken.
There's a damage scale type thing but I believe it's broken atm.

All you need to know is that in essentiality, the total damage a joint can take is determined by the dismemberment threshold. The higher that number is the more damage it takes. So long as the damage caused by all the hits totals up to the dismemberment threshold, the joint will break. That being said, the joints recover decently fast. Not wildly fast, but after 50 frames the damage should be gone.

Originally Posted by Rune View Post
I believe just up top my bud dscigs said they regenerate in about 50 frames, but why do you want to know all this? It doesn't actually change anything to your skill, I've known this forever and never even thought of it in-game.

^ALL

Have you ever played the actual game? There's no such thing, damage doesn't stack, it never has stacked, you can't break stuff that you have hit easier in the next hit.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Joints don't have hp. They break (or fracture) if you apply enough force at once, it doesn't stack.
Moreover, points you score don't actually indicate how close to a dismember you are, you can set custom scoring settings in different mods.

word.
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
^ALL

Have you ever played the actual game? There's no such thing, damage doesn't stack, it never has stacked, you can't break stuff that you have hit easier in the next hit.
word.

Did you read this post?

I literally proved that damage does stack, it always has stacked, and you can break stuff that you have hit easier in the next hit.
time to end this thread
-----
OP's question: it would be hard to determine, although not impossible. turn on slow mode and it might help you count the frames
Attached Files
lol.rpl (32.6 KB, 23 views)
lol2.rpl (29.9 KB, 22 views)
Last edited by pusga; Apr 10, 2015 at 07:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oh yeah
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
^ALL

word.

are you just gonna ignore the fact that a few posts ago that hypothesis was literally proved wrong or something
baha
Okay, Here you go then.
Multiple to choose from to get an exact calculation.
Attached Files
( . Y . ) I win.rpl (188.7 KB, 9 views)