Ranking
Original Post
Ranking system
This thread has been merged with similar threads. Suggestions related to going back to the old elo system (not belt rank) go here.

OP:
Will we ever have the last ranking system again? In my opinion, this new one is so bad, I mean, no1 plays on the ranked servers, what do you think about it? Do you like the new ranking system or do you prefer the old one?

Plz return the old ranking system
Last edited by Lazors; Feb 25, 2016 at 08:42 AM.
<[NO]Rai> SNAPAR
<[NO]Rai> BOOOOAAAAA
The question is why people don't play in the ranked servers. Right now, I'm very happy with how we have 4 servers, each with a set of circulating mods.
If any of you want to share your reason for not playing in the ranked servers, please do.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
I dont really care less about rank but i dont like the new system. Before there was a sense of achivment because it would be a challange getting a high rank but with theonthy resets its very easy. Like i won 1 ranked game and i was rank 400 or something but with the old one that would take a lot of time to get.

With the specific ranked servers with rotating mods i really like, and it stops people from just making a priv server and farming there ranks. Like i said i havent played too much ranked but i think its just a much better idea then having every server a ranked game.

All in all i like some of the new additions to the ranking system but the thing that kinda killed having a good rank for me is it just so much easier now. If there was some way to make it harder to rank up or more accurate to peoples skill i think it could be a lot better. I know that would be very hard and i dont know how it could work but i kinda lost my care for ranks because its not much of a challange anymore
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
So, people don't like the system because it resets monthly?
A concrete (and obvious) solution to this would be to increase the reset time from one to maybe 2, 3 months. This would in theory make it harder to gain ranks.

On the other hand, if your major complaint is that you advanced more quickly in this newer system, keep in mind the previous one had a lot more active, skilled players. If one game got you to rank 400 and if we consider that there's maybe 100 active players in the ranked servers, that's not so bad. And it also has to do with how early in the month you start playing.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
the problem is the rank farming that some people was doing in the old ranking system.
but the reset every month isn't a problem i guess,i really like it,a new event just got with that new system(monthly ranking prize).
i just like it.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
1) If you create a system that few people that know the game actually know about, that's a problem. So step 1 is conveyance. Increase the understanding. Make your client side download teach people short and sweet how the new system is, how it works, why they should want to get involved, etc. With steam this should be extra easy.

2) If you create a system that only few people benefit from (the top... let's say 25), then few people will care. Where there are millions of players excited that they went from Bronze to Silver in League of Legends/Starcraft II or Silver to Gold in Counter Strike: Global Offensive, those small but gigantic land mark changes don't exist as of yet to appeal the other 500 players who are never and will never be good enough to play in the end of the month tournament. Find a super small way to reward players and excite them along the way that this time they got to rank 1,000 instead of 5,000 or 800 instead of 1,000 and you'll hook people in. Preferably a way that doesn't destroy the economy.

It's worth mentioning that this ranking system is by far the best one Toribash has ever had, so kudos to every involved in making that happen.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Jan 6, 2016 at 09:09 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
The rank update is a no for me, It put me off of playing competitive since there's no real long term goals to set.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
2) If you create a system that only few people benefit from (the top... let's say 25), then few people will care. Where there are millions of players excited that they went from Bronze to Silver in League of Legends/Starcraft II or Silver to Gold in Counter Strike: Global Offensive, those small but gigantic land mark changes don't exist as of yet to appeal the other 500 players who are never and will never be good enough to play in the end of the month tournament. Find a super small way to reward players and excite them along the way that this time they got to rank 1,000 instead of 5,000 or 800 instead of 1,000 and you'll hook people in. Preferably a way that doesn't destroy the economy.

This. Currently we have 3 kinds of rewards for ranking up. Make it possible to get small but rewarding prizes.

1. The 5k tourney available for rank 500. Good income of tc if you're a decent player.

2. The monthly tourney for top 32. A fun way to get into a competetive event without breaking your sleeping routine.

3. The rank 1 award. Instead of giving one player one million tc, you should split it up and give top 5/10 tc daily. Would eventually make me want to push for rank, cause the way it is now, I can't be arsed. I got a job, and while I'm working, someone is shovelling 10 elo an hour.

Right now it's either being under rank 500 or 32, or nothing at all for most people. There's no real reason for getting rank other than getting to those milestones, and when they do, they stop playing ranked.

It is a really good system though, just make it longer to make it less stressful to actually get in an play. 4 seasons should be good, one for every part of year.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
People like to be challenged, make it harder.

Why else would we play Toribash?
Because of the challenge it gives
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Maybe, instead of a reset every month, it could happen every 6 months.
And so, people in the top 3 get items/tc.