No DQ
4 Votes / 40.00%
Dojo
2 Votes / 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Kick Server: No DQ, Dojo, DQ
Ok there is the much debated question from the server clients whether to have a dojo, DQ or no DQ so I decided to make this thread for voting and discussing.
ya lol its like half of them want dq and the another half want no dq xD ...
so i would go for dojo .
Well it's half DQ and half no DQ so if that doesn't change soon it will default to dojo. No offense but no begging Empream, it's not about what you want, it's about what the clients want and you are just one of them.
I mentioned it in the thread about the server, but I HIGHLY prefer DQ being on. It seems to me that the "intent" of the platform mod is similar to the "rope" one (the one with the fixed purple block floating about a foot off the ground), and that's to get the other guy to hit the floor first.

From my experience, most of the rounds on the Platform mod end up having both people plummeting down, either still attached to the platform or not, so the match ends up coming down to whoever can manage to get themselves on top by the time everything comes crashing down. With DQ off, it ends up becoming about who gets completely destroyed the least when you both splatter on the ground.

The problem is that when you're falling from that height, grappling with another person, often with the large platform falling down soon behind to crush you both anyway, it's pretty damn hard to really control how much damage you're going to take. Instead, it tends to boil down to too much luck for my liking.

The only problem I've got with having DQ on stems from an issue that seems to spring up when both people hit the ground at the same time and suffer a lot of dismemberments. It seems that the server (or the game itself) can't keep up with all the activity in that single turn, and neglects to check to see if a DQ has happened or not. So, what ends up happening is that both players are sitting around, completely disassembled, for a few turns until the server picks whoever got disqualified. Unfortunately, sometimes one player will clearly have hit the ground first, yet the server DQs the other one a few turns later, even though both players had spent the last two turns in a few dozen pieces all over the floor.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the dojo, either. With it, it means that someone could get someone else to fall, stay on the platform, yet still lose if the person manages to land well (catch the post on the way down, etc) and inside the dojo.
Well the DQ vote option looks like it's winning so I'll turn it on when I can. Pretty busy with darkwind