Ranking
Original Post
Adding seconds to Post Times
I see there's glitchy posts everywhere in forum.

Post glitch causes some problems;
-Owner of thread changes
-Multiple posts
-Some posts glitches previous page
and more...

Concept Art

I think thats because of post's age. (if thats wrong This thread is trash)

The timer is like this. (imo)
Time = HH:MM H* Hour, M* Minute.
Date = DD/MM/YYYY. D* Day, M* Month, Y* Year.

So if a post/thread made it has its age 0 minutes until first minute. Than someone else posts a reply. New post's age is 0 minutes too.

But if we could add seconds to timer that would end the glitchy posts.

Time = HH:MM:SS H* Hour, M* Minute, S* Second.
Date = DD/MM/YYYY. D* Day, M* Month, Y* Year.

Lets say I opened a thread. than 1 second passed. (The timer will have seconds.) And my posts age will be 1 second instance of 0 minutes. If someone else posts a reply, his/her post will be younger/new. And wont glitch.

Last edited by IBlackleon; Jul 26, 2015 at 01:44 PM.
Leon The Black
But what you mean how it glitches,you mean its says 1 minute ago and not 5 seconds ago?(Example)
for what we need that,in my case i dont need seconds,for what?It would make the forum a quite laggy if the seconds pass without refresh..
if we have already a timer for the posts it doesnt even care if its not exactly the same
and i dont think if vBulletin's forums can do that

NOT SUPPORTED
Running away...
I'm not talking about something visual. I'm talking about the timer that works at the background and gives your post an age. It can stay as minutes visually but seconds at the background wont be visible. Just to prevent post glitch.
Leon The Black
That doesn't exactly matter anymore until they fix the posts from being posted in the wrong spots.

But it would help with who posted first. It's simple yet effective.

Supported

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
That doesn't exactly matter anymore until they fix the posts from being posted in the wrong spots.

But it would help with who posted first. It's simple yet effective.

Supported

^ I think this will fix the wrong spot problem. That's what my purpose is.

Originally Posted by Superseba View Post
What backround you mean?tell me with images or something like that

It's hard to explain with my poor english but I'll give it a try.

Let's say you created new a thread. And there is seconds in timer. It will be like this.

Than you refresh page after 10-11 seconds. It will be like this.

This way if someone else posts a reply, on his/her post it will say "1 Second Ago" And post will not be in the wrong spot. (Post spots given by post ages I guess)

And simply after a minute, it will come back to normal. Like this. But Second timer will still work as code. It wont show up on the page.

Also if the posts are connected to site time, we may have to add seconds to site timer. Like this;

Last edited by IBlackleon; Jul 26, 2015 at 01:44 PM.
Leon The Black
that'll fix a lot of bugs in posts
but there's a way to avoid glitches in posts
do not post if there's a new post with a date,
because it'll glitch
it's like 0 seconds ago
So yeah...
That i was talking about,for what we need it if we have actually a normal timer,it doesnt care if it bugs at the first minute but after that its ok,we dont need to know the exactly age of our posts,i mean It's useless
Running away...
Originally Posted by Superseba View Post
That i was talking about,for what we need it if we have actually a normal timer,it doesnt care if it bugs at the first minute but after that its ok,we dont need to know the exactly age of our posts,i mean It's useless

I want you to check out roughly pages 15-30 on our clan thread. There are so many ninja'd posts there that is isn't even funny. This suggestion would solve that problem, which I think is the intention.

Supported~
Supported

Yea I run into this problem a lot, only way to avoid it is to let the previous post reach one minute in age. I like the idea of that secondary second timer being added for the first minute of a post's life span. Nothing worse than a ninja post. But in all fairness they probably won't get around to fixing this for a long time. If its just clan threads you're mainly finding this problem in then getting a clan IRC chat would fix that. Besides for that you just have to learn to wait for the previous post to reach one minute in age before you post.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •