Ranking
What did you guys think abt the launch? I am kinda skeptical so avoiding installing it atm
Bushido aikido player - songwriter/composer - I draw stuff
Originally Posted by Slaanesh View Post
What did you guys think abt the launch? I am kinda skeptical so avoiding installing it atm

It looks like toribash but worse. It will take a while to make it just a teeny tiny bit better than toribash. I will only play if it gets more players than TB
NO TITLE

TBN? uhmm.. a work in progress.. fun but needs more this and that
Henry: "You're using Wikipedia as your source of information?"

I feel like I was one of the very few people that was actually hyped for Toribash Next. I must've been wearing about 7 pairs of rose tinted glasses because all signs pointed to disappointment, but I chose to ignore those signs. The announcement had zero fanfare, none of the Nabi staff were talking about it, beta testers weren't even a little bit convinced.

Now I know that Toribash Next feels nothing like Toribash. Extending knees in to the ground rockets you in to the sky. Turn frames feel so unbelievably off, some people have deduced that 1 turn frame in TBN is roughly 5 turn frames in Toribash, which reduces the frame accuracy by a large margin. Default mods are missing. Ghosts lie often.

On a positive note, making mods is slightly more accessible now. Weapons are an easy way to create wacky mods quickly, a steady release of new weapons could keep newbies around, Fortnite style. Managing replays and mods is a bit nicer now. There have been two patches since launch which is reassuring, mostly improving stability and thankfully fixing a creature comfort that myself and others asked for (hitting x will hold a joint first rather than relax first).

My biggest concern is that the physics are set in stone. It removes some of the depth from the game, it just doesn't feel tight, or like movements are reproducible. The control has been taken away. I know I know, Toribash still exists and I can still go play it! But for years we've been told about the limits in Toribash, and that requested changes would instead be possible in Toribash Next. I was under the impression that TBN would replace TB as the newer more flexible game, but it seems instead we have to choose which game to play, while the devs choose which game to update that week / month / year.