Ranking
Original Post
Create Incentive for Veterans to Play
Pretty simple suggestion: there's nothing really appealing out there for people to earn in Toribash once they've hit 20,000 Qi. It's clear that this lack of promotional opportunities for Veteran players has an impact in their activity, or complete lack thereof.

The closest thing custom belts can talk about "achieving" or "earning" in Toribash is of course "God Belt"; however, that small cosmetic change isn't enough because custom belts can simply change their belt name on a whim to "God Belt" without any problem. That, and one three letter word is hardly a consolation for 30,000 more games to be played.

If you're here to agree or disagree that this is in fact an issue, please post. Additionally, this thread could be used to brainstorm suggestions for what exactly would serve as an incentive for Custom Belts to keep playing.

Some "stream of consciousness" suggestions from the top of my head:

1) Exclusive colors for 30,000/40,000/50,000 games played.
2) Custom made 3D Objects for 30k/40k/50k games played.

It's fiscally reasonable to create incentive for players to move on for thousands and thousands more games. The longer they stay here in Toribash, the more likely they'll throw money at the game. And although it'll never happen under the current people who are in charge of this- it'd be leaps and bounds better if these Objects/etc. can't in anyway be purchased or transferred.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 18, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
supported on most of your ideas I mean if I got a free booster for getting 30k id sure as hell go for it I mean who cant resist free money. making the boosters available past 30k make them a more "valuable item" so-to-speak. it would make some players want to go after the faster version of getting the booster (real money). and with that the game can pay for these new additions and add even more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
supported
that would motivate new people (such as me)
but i suggest that the booster be x2 so we won't exaggerate plus that would increase people generosity :3

(Lotus)|Rogue|zeneto|Nightfur
I don't think people should get boosters for playing +20k games, but a new 3D item or color set for god belts would be a good idea.Maybe a badge or armband like the GM's.
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
Try to turn Toribash into an E-sport. That'd motivate everybody, not just oldfags.

That is a different subject entirely. This aims to reward players who've spent hours and hours on Toribash to continue the game. Obviously if Toribash were an e-sport, more veterans would be playing now but that's just so off the mark of this discussion and deserves a whole load of threads not to cover how that'd even be possible.

@Nerfpls: What about people who purchased Qi? Those people, even if you don't like them because you think they didn't "earn" their belt are also some of the major money contributors which keep Toribash going. You sort of need them. In fact, if there were incentives for hitting high Qi, that probably increases Qi purchases, which increased money going into Nabi Studios, which increases how much actually will get developed by paid programming staff. Which is good because who wants 5.0 to look like 4.0 + some stupid changes nobody cares about?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Once you get custom belt there should be a button in-game that makes your tori explode.
You know it would blow minds.

edit: I think this would encourage people to buy qi, which is not kool.
I'd like some consolation for wasting 3 years of my life that some fat american kid can't buy with $20
Last edited by RAAAGE; Oct 13, 2014 at 01:07 AM.
Originally Posted by raaage View Post
I'd like some consolation for wasting 3 years of my life that some fat american kid can't buy with $20

We need a hat economy like the one in Team Fortress 2. Once you hit a million qi, you get a hat. If you bought qi, it'd be a different color.

Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
That is a different subject entirely. This aims to reward players who've spent hours and hours on Toribash to continue the game. Obviously if Toribash were an e-sport, more veterans would be playing now but that's just so off the mark of this discussion and deserves a whole load of threads not to cover how that'd even be possible.

Well, I honestly think it'd be a better approach. I don't want a pat on the back for grinding my teeth off beating up whitebelts in some public server just to belt up.
Last edited by ynvaser; Oct 13, 2014 at 03:43 PM.
3d item as a belt can do it the perm boosters are... meh
Welcome me back maybe?
YES NO ONE REMEMBERS ME BUT MY FRIENDS
I don't want a incentative to play anymore. Don't. Add. Such. A. Foolish. Thing. ..

Really it's a meh idea, much like the QI restrictions.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!