ES Recruitment Drive
No. 3: The opener is rather stiff, and it looks messy when you glance off Uke with you elbow before grabbing. In fact going so straightforwardly for a grab is a bit lame as well. The Boomhit is decent though, and you transition nicely to the second kick. Both their angles are a bit weird because of the place you're grabbing uke at. The last three kicks do have something of a quickfire combo feel to them, but the awkward angle you're kicking at (almost straight up) saps their appeal.
No. 4: Rather stiff opener going straight for a grab again. Your position is pretty awkward after the two-legged kick, with both your knees and hips quite fully extended. you do manage to do your damage pretty quickly though.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Thanks for the comments, at least someone actually looks at them :U Anyways more replays yeah.
Attached Files
Potato - No.5.rpl (202.6 KB, 22 views)
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
The splitcap was really cool looking, it was my favourite part of the replay. What surprised me though was how clean the knee hit looked. I enjoyed the use of switch grab too.
The last kick was very nicely aimed. Not much to complain about since it was a really simple replay. I guess that's what's bad about it, it's so simple and nicely executed that there's no space for flaws
oh yeah
Replay
Attached Files
Potato - No.6.rpl (211.4 KB, 11 views)
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Sooooooo two replays this time.
Attached Files
Potato - No.8.rpl (202.0 KB, 17 views)
Potato - No.9.rpl (212.3 KB, 16 views)
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
No.5: The first kick is slightly stiff and squandered: your foot glides against uke before the DM, I think you could get more out of it if you aimed the point of the foot to connect instead of the sole. The replay as a whole has a nice metronomical rhythm. I don't really care for the switch grab, but then again I don't like being reminded of grabs anyways, so that might just be me. The last kick connects at a slightly awkward angle. Interesting knee, you actually manage two separate DMs (I used to call these clusterhits a year or two ago, not sure if it caught on) instead of a single group of DMs.

No.6: The opener is glaringly stiff and simplistic. There's a really distracting ghost as well. Nice lift, looks deliberate instead of a salvaged kick. It's cool how Uke's torso just falls apart in three frames with the rest of his body just keeping it's trajectory. I don't like that nubclap with the elbow though, it just detracts from the rest of the DMs. For some reason I really like your timing dropping that shoulder. Cool pose!

No.8: Really nice boom to the glutes, and the second kick is linked nicely, but the nubclap split ruins it for me. Nice pose again. I find your hand movement especially natural assuming this pose.

No.9: There's some ghosting in the beginning of the opener again. Good spin, but the manip push is a bit anticlimactic. You seem to completely forget your right arm, though. The first two kicks are cool, but the strikes on Uke on the ground where you can barely reach him have a desperate feel to them. You're also noticeably stiffer after those two kicks, especially in the legs.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Thanks for the CnC, anyways a decap replay I made because I'm bored.
Attached Files
Potato - No.10.rpl (62.6 KB, 12 views)
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
No inspiration lately... TILL NOW
Attached Files
Potato - No.12.rpl (157.4 KB, 22 views)
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Hi

No.14 is a collab I did with Nearly
Attached Files
Potato - No.13.rpl (128.8 KB, 29 views)
Potato - No.14.rpl (179.1 KB, 30 views)
Last edited by ManlyPotato; Jan 11, 2014 at 05:41 PM.
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
anyway not much to say on no.13 really, fast hits and stuff and joints flying. it's pretty ok. now you don't really have to listen to this part, but imo grabbing before actually grabbing something doesn't look good imo.

no.14 -
wow that
sucked