ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Idea To Stop Rage Quiters In Tournuments and Sale
So, i was thinking that maybe there could be a system that could help stop rage quitters, and it could work like this. When a player rage quits from a tournament, he or she can lose 10TC for each rage quit, every time he or she quits during her or his match the amount of TC they lose doubles. Persay i rage quited 4 times, the first time i would have lost 10TC, then 20TC, then 40TC and lastly 80TC. and i would have lost 150 TC just for rage quiting in 4 matches. Which is alot for 4 matches. Maybe people would think twice before raging in a tournament. If the rage quitter has no TC to lose, they can lose Qi. which also doubles and they lose more and more as they quit and quit.

Example - zNuke - 700Qi
(zNuke rage quited from 6 matches ) He loses, 10,20,40,80,160,320QI Which in total is 630Qi lost all because of rage quiting. Also, to make it fair maybe the system can reset every week or every month for that player if they have not rage quited for that certain period of time. If they manage to not rage quit within that period of time, they get their Qi and TC back, if they rage over 10 times within that period of time, they don't get their Qi or TC back. They will have to earn it again, Of course newbies will be pissed of the former brown belts+ who can now join their servers and win a lot of matches so maybe those rooms can still be locked. The player will only have access to those servers based on their belt before they started losing Qi.

IDEA 2: Toribash Shop Sales.

I dont know if this has ever happened before or not but i was thinking every once in a while toribash could have a discount on all or certain items. Like 25% off to 75% off ect....so if you are struggling to get TC to unlock that one item you need and its only 5000TC away, these discounts might help. That is all i have to say. What do you guys think?
[Myst]Nuke
I support the first thing only but not the QI. It's a bad idea to lose Qi.
Pig may be haxed
I had a feeling people would say that about the Qi :3 i guess its kinda of a bad thing.
[Myst]Nuke
What if someone pings or disconnects with no response? If that's allowed people will start unplugging their modems or disconnecting from the internet.
This has been suggested many times before, because it is a problem, but mostly, is very annoying.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=376575

Many good suggestions have been brought forward, but none are full proof.

We all know when someone rage quit because they were losing, but it is impossible to prove. Perhaps, many innocent players would get punished, and this would be even more frustrating. I've lost my connection many times, while I was totally owning my opponent. Imagine if got punished on top of that! Now that would really suck. I imagine this is why nothing has been done yet in this matter.

I think the best suggestion I've heard so far is this: whoever quits/loses his connection, his Tori remains in the room and holds whatever the player had clicked last, and let the chips fall where they may. The player that stays will likely win the fight, and get his tc/qi. The one who left only likely loses the match, period. Not an unfair penalty. This would likely solve this problem forever, and perhaps, solve some rank farming issues simultaneously, preserving our ranking systems integrity.
rock the world, one fight at a time
I can already see all the scamreports from people losing 10 tc due to pinging coming.

Discounts exist for marketing reasons. Torishop does not have a shortage of customers, as far as I can tell.
How are you?
Ping/disconnect brings me back to something i though of before. If someboy is. Playing a match and press' "Free Play" or joins another server if the game can detect this then that can count as a "Rage Quit" if the game lags ofcourse it either closes or takes you to uke but you didn't have to press "Free Play"
[Myst]Nuke
Yea I agree with you but I do agree with the other players about not losing Qi but i really hope this isnt over looked
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending