ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Ingame Message Notifications
Alright, down to business. So I'm playing toribash, right? And I went to go change the music I was listening to, so I clicked on the internet tab that I had open and changed the song. Meanwhile an acquaintance of mine joined the server I was in, greeted me with saying my name in the greeting, waited for a response and left when I didn't respond in time. I was disappointed that I missed them. So I thought, what if there was a notification noise that went off anytime someone said part of your user name. Much like what skype does, if you're in a group chat with notifications off and you set words that if someone says it notifies you and highlights the word.

There can even be presets for specific words. Someone says cantaloupe or any word preset of my choosing ingame while I'm jerkin' the gerkin, I'll be on that in seconds. (Kinda like normal but without the premature ejaculations.)

Example:

[Before]
<userdude>: Hey Ber!
<userdude>: Ber?
*Bercat doesn't see messages because he's viewing forums 24/7*
*userdude gets impatient and leaves server looking like a loner*
*Bercat is upset that he missed his friend*

[After]
<userdude>: Hey Ber!
*notification ring goes off on Bercat's computer giving him a slight heart attack*
<Bercat>: sup dude!
*notification doesn't go off on userdude's computer because userdude is already on the toribash tab*
*Bercat and userdude make love in notification paradise*

Tell me what you guys think. This can be really useful for not destroying friendships and stuff. As always, give me your opinions and if you plan on getting butthurt, add counter suggestions, please. Alrighty, it's 5am in the morning after an all nighter and userdude is waiting for the magic to arrive. *Bercat flies away to notification paradise*
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
SuperSeba - after all, they are here to help us, so we should be able to use their help when we need it.