Toribash
Original Post
Unlimited Movements
If you've been into replay-making for a while now you've probably heard about the infamous joint limit.
It was said that you could only move a certain number of joints and that past that number when you saved the replay it would be completly blank, but a lot of players never noticed that limit since usually in a replay that you wrap up quickly you don't get to that limit.

It's only as you aim for more complex replays that you realize of its existance, and while doing a singleplayer spar for instance you'll easily find yourself getting blank save files.

Recently this has become my biggest problem while making replays and so with a bit of testing and NutHug's help I've realized that it's actually a limit of FRAME lines in the file, and the limit is of 255 FRAME lines. I've attached a replay proving this, if you make one more move after frame 245 you won't be able to save the replay successfully.

In other words and summing it up: (you can skip to this part)
-You can only make movements on 255 different individual frames;
-Without this limit we would be able to create replays that are a lot more complex and amazing;
-So the suggestion is to remove this limit if it's possible, I don't know the reason why it exists or how it could be fixed though since I know nothing about programming and the likes of it (which I assume is what this is about), but I know that a lot of players would benefit from this.
Attached Files
test.rpl (689.4 KB, 69 views)
Last edited by Oblivion; Aug 29, 2011 at 08:27 PM.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by Tume View Post
I don't see the problem with the replay making can some one explain?

Maybe it's cause I am not that good yet xD

You can do just a limited movements in a replay. I noticed this when I was about 1500th Frame.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Noticed it too, and I find this bug very annoying because I have the habit of editing the joints a lot.
Toriolympics - 2nd place | Fr_Death Leader |ORMO Member |
this have to fix now... i do a freerun.... and i use more that 255 joings... was very pro tough... my best freerun... this have to be fix
System Of a Down [Extreme]|LOP|RSO|MoA Dontclickhere!
Now there's something for all the replay-makers to rejoice, a change that makes a huge difference!
Many thanks, hampa!
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Oh my goodness. So are we gonna be able to view our old replays that unfortunately hit the joint/frame limit in 4.1 ?
<Marco> and then Oblivion tried to sexually assault me
<Oblivion> and Marco wasn't surprised at all