Ranking
Original Post
DQ ghost
Kind of thought about it while playing some wushu, when someone mentioned that the dq should be "clearer". Didn't spot a similar thread at first glance here as well.

Idea's relatively simple: Add the disqualification ring to the ghost, when the joint comes in contact with the dq area.

It's relatively easy to spot a possible dq anyway if you keep your eyes open, so it's not all that vital or necessary. It's just a minor doodle, really, for convenience. However it'd be simply easier when you're either running out of time and/or managed to overlook a detail in your next turn.
But why's the rum gone? :v
Because it's such a simple thing to add. I'd support it.
Not often, but every now and then I don't catch something causing me to DQ.
That's one of the most fun things about toribash, the suspense of knowing if you got dq'd or not

Not supported
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
Originally Posted by PlataBear View Post
That's one of the most fun things about toribash, the suspense of knowing if you got dq'd or not

Not supported

What? You can still tell with or without the ghost DQ that you're going to be DQ'ed. He's just proposing to make it more obvious.

The ghost is never 100% accurate, all it does is tell you what's going to happen given the circumstances and the other player doesn't move. So, the DQ ghost wouldn't tell you if you're going to DQ, it would just point out that you're in path of a DQ given the current information.
But to make it more obvious makes players rely on it, you need a keen eye. Adding this will just make it way to obvious that you're going to dq
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
Originally Posted by PlataBear View Post

~Not supported

But to make it more obvious makes players rely on it, you need a keen eye. Adding this will just make it way to obvious that you're going to dq

Originally Posted by JayStar View Post
What? You can still tell with or without the ghost DQ that you're going to be DQ'ed. He's just proposing to make it more obvious.

The ghost is never 100% accurate, all it does is tell you what's going to happen given the circumstances and the other player doesn't move. So, the DQ ghost wouldn't tell you if you're going to DQ, it would just point out that you're in path of a DQ given the current information.

Pretty much what Jay said. True, the ghost isn't always accurate even in circumstances where the other player won't be able to affect the outcome of the turn (far away, or w/e etc). In close quarters you can't completely rely on the ghost alone anyway because you must also try to predict your opponents moves. So technically the 'suspense' wouldn't really be so compromised if this feature was implemented. You'll need a keen eye one way or the other if you're close to your opponent. Whether the suspense actually matters here or not, is a matter of personal preference.

But it is handy in cases (like jay mentioned in his first post here) where you will try to reach your opponent. Take comebacks in wushu for instance, or any other mod with a greater ed (and dq) before you reach your opponent. You might pull off an intense match and get separated for a few turns. It would suck for the quality of the replay here if you dq'd just because you managed to overlook a simple detail/joint. Sure it's your own fault, but it's the gameplay experience that will suffer for it. That's pretty much the aim here with this.
Last edited by k6vamees; Apr 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: few things
well that aint right you and your opponent would see you get dq-ed suspense is better
NOT SUPPORTED
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
well that aint right you and your opponent would see you get dq-ed suspense is better
NOT SUPPORTED

I already explained about this in my previous post.

Originally Posted by k6vamees View Post
... So technically the 'suspense' wouldn't really be so compromised if this feature was implemented. You'll need a keen eye one way or the other if you're close to your opponent. Whether the suspense actually matters here or not, is a matter of personal preference.

Last edited by k6vamees; Apr 24, 2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: to make things more obvious
Maybe the ghost implodes when it's going to dq? I like the idea of it just going *VWOOP*

Or maybe it explodes, blood and guts everywherrreeee!

I see now the point Platabear has, with the suspense. It's like being on the edge of your seat, not knowing if you're going to fall off or stay there. But is that really necessary to have/play a good game?
Not supported, it ruins the surprise of the game, like you will know if you know you will lose or not, which is bad :<
hello :>