Toribash
Original Post
Fixing/Improving the Toribash Economy
Over the past years the staff made great effort to make items worthless. They have successfuly removed the pleasure of obtaining the desired items after saving tc for a long time. Now 90 of the items are junk. Not to mention the daily sales (that should be only usd if u ask me). So the hole econmy is 2 feet underground.

Not to mention that the current economy is the product of 10 years of items and tc pilling up.

As i pointed out before i think the pilling of items is the real problem, and instead of trying to sink tc the aim should be trying to sink items so people have to buy from the shop, from time to time.

Do you think that this is a problem?

How could u achive something like this?

Do you thik that the price lowering about 3 years ago, the hair price lowering and daily sales are good for the game?
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I think you forgot the whole point of items. Most people want items for cosmetic purposes, they do not try to get an item because it costs a lot, they get it because it looks good. Of course you are quick to talk when you have millions worth inventory, but most people need to grind for days even to get something like 5k, so no, economy is not bad at all, it just is to you personally.

Sure, items are worth notably less than before, but it is a change that is beneficial for majority of community. Toribash is a game where you got no chance to earn TC with no risk involved unless you're actually good at the game, thus newbies have no chance of breaking through without grinding. Because of that prices are very fair as of now. There are still a lot of collector items that are worth a lot of TC and that's great, but cosmetic items shouldn't cost a lot so it would be accessible to most players.

About sinking items, I don't think it's really necessary. Simply because people come and go, and as a result some items just sink to inactive accounts. Not to mention all the collectors that keep thousands of items on their inventory for years. Again, items should be accessible to everyone and sinking them would only benefit marketers, who aren't in bad position at all at the moment.

EDIT: Also, item price always go down with time and that is a phenomenon that you can see in any game with economy or even real life. You don't see CS:GO trying to sink items for example, it's just a natural process of any market and Toribash shouldn't be an exception.
Last edited by Smaguris; Mar 23, 2017 at 10:53 AM.
Your suggestion seems to be to sink items. I don't think sinking items to up their market value should be necessary.

Old items become worthless over time, and there is no point in buying those from the ToriShop, as they are ass cheap on the ToriMarket. But the newly created items, mainly 3D items or the new colors, will be popular and interesting to get. The only way to buy those items when they are first introduced is through the ToriShop.

A clever marketer will have to focus on those new items, and let the old items be. It's gonna be difficult for them in the state between waiting for commerce on the new items to take place, and seeing the prices of the old items drop which makes those old items very hard to sell. Once the commerce of the new items happens, marketers will be able to make profits again. It's a matter of patience.

So a better solution for the problem you described would be for the Item Forgers to keep on a constant supply of new items that are worth getting. This is enough to keep people interested in saving up for them, as well as purchasing them through the ToriShop and keeping the market fruitful. I think the Item Forgers are currently doing a good job regarding this.

Also, if we were to sink items, how do you suppose we sink items without getting more tc in circulation? Perhaps a scrapping system, similar to what tf2 has, might be an option. I can't think of other decent ways to sink items.
I have to admit but because of the current economy, even collectors items have been lowered. See I don't have like millions worth of items, I'm a just above average player. Every price is so bad now. As you can tell tf happened with 512 body textures. See 512 body textures were never like 150k until you guys lowered almost all 3d items to 5k,15k.... the cost lowering to 3d items basicly ruined the economy even with items that were not changed. Plus this change ruins the game for some of the older players. And Smaguris on your your point that its natural for prices to go down. It only goes down (like really down if something largely effects the market) and in this case it's the lowering of item prices which dramaticly lowered every price.

can you post an example of items whose price where not changed,
but now sell cheaper than they used to?
Since the prices of the shop are now accessible by more players,it
benefits the economy.

Also,when you say the price drop ruined the economy,you mean the marketeer's profit right?
Well,i think you guys are still going to make profit,just not with overpriced items.
I dont mean through a marketeer pov. I mean that if u manage to reduce the stock of items out there more people will buy from toribot aka shop since there will be less items in circulation and not all items will be in the market at all times.

Bottom line i think less item the better for the game.
-----
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
can you post an example of items whose price where not changed,
but now sell cheaper than they used to?
Since the prices of the shop are now accessible by more players,it
benefits the economy.

Also,when you say the price drop ruined the economy,you mean the marketeer's profit right?
Well,i think you guys are still going to make profit,just not with overpriced items.

The toribash shop is used mostly for new items. Everything else u can find in market way way cheaper at all times rendering the shop useless.
Last edited by Insanity; Mar 23, 2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
I dont mean through a marketeer pov. I mean that if u manage to reduce the stock of items out there more people will buy from toribot aka shop since there will be less items in circulation and not all items will be in the market at all times.

Bottom line i think less item the better for the game.

I happen to agree with you a little bit here. In a healthy market, when the price of tc fluctuates the price of the product should fluctuate in the same trend; that's not exactly happening here.

Some suggestions on your behalf would make the thread go an extra mile here. What ideas can you offer to the staff to make your proposition a reality my man? I'm sure there are plenty of ways to do such a thing.
Just starting the topic here. I dont know exactly how this can be done.

The scrap idea could work. At least it would set a bottom price in the market and items wont go under that price sinking items and returning little tc to the player.
Pm me for deals
Reducing the amount of items out there would mean taking them away from players.
I'm quite sure noone will throw their items away for the sake of the economy.
Or would you trash your inventory so we have less items ? I think not.

How else would you go about reducing their amount?
Last edited by Kore; Mar 25, 2017 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Post duplicated itself, fixed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Originally Posted by Reta View Post
Reducing the amount of items out there would mean taking them away from players.

How else would you go about reducing their amount ?
-----

How else would you go about reducing their amount ?

Not by brute force ofc.

ot a couple of semi-ideas

With events maybe.
Weekly small lottery that would go like this.
Win a hunter force by sending 2 items over tier 3 to the acc xyz for 1 ticket
Win a no qi void timer by sending items that cummulated have a shop value of a void timer tc to the acc xyz for 1 ticket (people would buy the -80% items off market to send them there)

Also the scrap sounds like a fun story that could be a good thing. I know that the first thought is that it will put more and more tc in the economy.
My first impression is that it would return 10-20% of the items shop value or a value based on popularity

For example:
Cobra blood is 6000. 396 items and 25 in circulation
Market price is 2500
Scrap for 10% - 600
Scrap for 20% - 1200

Dragon relax is 10k. 357 items 17 in circulation
Market price is 1450
Scrap 10% is 1000
scrap 20% is 2000

What do you think about it? Will it return to much tc? Is it a worthwile long term solution? Maybe it could be.

Or the option to buy an item from shop for the x4 price payed in items at shop value. Some good deals are to be made here ofc and people will profit from this but FOR a SHORT time. After the first few weeks it will balance itse;f outprobably
-----
Most items are from 100 to 400 total items in the toriworld
These items have bean recirculated betwen players and now practically nobody buys them from the shop. Everybody uses the market.

For example Persian relax:
138 items exist. Many items are lost in banned, forgotten, dumped acc over time and will not resurface ever. Taking a guess here and would say over 50%
15 are cheaper then the shop in market so these 15 persian relaxes will all have to be sold before somebody uses the shop to buy one( this w/o reselling them). These 15 persian relaxes will take 2 to 3 years to be lost as things are now.

Yet another sol;ution would be to involve the toribot in marketing.

This would be an automated acc that that starts marketing with 10k tc
With some relaxed laws (like lower item price every 5 days, running a market check every 20 min and buying everything that is under the set value from the code)
If it's not stupidly annoying and normal players can run their buissness in the market and not be to bothered by the robot it might work.
In 1 - 2 years this should own 20-30% of the items in circulation and a nice ammount of tc (10kk or so)
Last edited by Insanity; Mar 24, 2017 at 01:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Pm me for deals
I feel like I might be missing out on something, so could you explain to me how would sinking items or "returning item value" be beneficial to an average Toribash player or the game itself? Why is it bad if people don't buy stuff from Toribshop?

All I can see is you trying to make items worth more and benefit from it with your inventory. I don't see any other motives that would drive anyone to such suggestion because it is very inconvenient and unnecessary for players and the game.