Ranking
Original Post
50k Bi-Weekly Tournament
Title.
Thoughts?

Maybe 50k is too much or too little, but a Bi-Weekly Tourney would be pretty cool.
Maybe for the top 100 players?

*EDIT*
Adding this here, so people have a general idea of how the TC generation shouldn't effect the economy too negatively.

TC Generation: This, though being slightly controversial, wouldn't be an issue. As Rank 1 rewards will be removed, that is approximately 12 million TC less being spawned a year. This 50k Bi-Weekly Tournament idea would generate 100k TC a month, resulting in 1.2 million TC year, which is still 11.8 million TC a year less than with the Rank 1 reward being active, as well as this adds some spice to the competitive side of players who would like to compete for more than just a rank, but a prize.

Some awesome replies

Last edited by Kris; Apr 5, 2017 at 08:42 PM.
50k per tourney would generate over 1.3m tc into the economy a year alone, and the ES run plenty of in-game events on a daily basis. Adding an additional limited-entry tourney won't really be a flare to the community.
I actually like this idea, it'd add a new feel to the game as everyone will wait for the server to open up. Only problem is we already have 5k tourneys which add plenty to the economy this would just ruin it even more.
^^ both valid points. Maybe it could be reduced?

Or, better yet, we don't have any item tournaments. Maybe a bi-weekly Item tournament, with better items a rarer prize than less praised items?
Originally Posted by SkypePro View Post
^^ both valid points. Maybe it could be reduced?

Or, better yet, we don't have any item tournaments. Maybe a bi-weekly Item tournament, with better items a rarer prize than less praised items?

We do have item tournaments though, or at least as far as I'm aware we do. ES give items as prizes for their in-game tournaments on occasion (or at least we did whenever I was Gamemaster). If a member of the ES could confirm, that'd be sweet.
Originally Posted by Creati0n View Post
We do have item tournaments though, or at least as far as I'm aware we do. ES give items as prizes for their in-game tournaments on occasion (or at least we did whenever I was Gamemaster). If a member of the ES could confirm, that'd be sweet.

I meant more in the sense of an automated tourney, we don't have one of those. ES Tournaments are held at ES dispense, while having an automated bi-weekly tournament with set percentages for certain items would also be nice.
Ah I understand now, that cool be a pretty cool addition. Maybe set the tourney with a two-hour opening period, and once the timer runs/the server is completely filled, the server could be started?

Not a bad idea man, I could see something like this getting a little hype around for newer community members. (:
Originally Posted by Creati0n View Post
50k per tourney would generate over 1.3m tc into the economy a year alone, and the ES run plenty of in-game events on a daily basis. Adding an additional limited-entry tourney won't really be a flare to the community.

1 x 500 tc tourney room (estimate 10 min tourneys) bring roughly 25kk/year so that 1.3 is not a big deal
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I do not think this could work and here's why:
With bigger prize pool obviously there will be many more players wanting to compete, and logically the room should be bigger to support more players and make the prize harder to get that in normal tourney. However this is impossible because Toribash servers can barely handle 25-30 players, let alone tourney mode of that scale.
If we really want this to work, something has to be done about Toribash servers first, and I doubt its possibility at the moment.
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
1 x 500 tc tourney room (estimate 10 min tourneys) bring roughly 25kk/year so that 1.3 is not a big deal

The reality of it though is that there is an inactive period for most of the tournaments. Realistically, those tournaments aren't all ten minutes, they don't always run. As well as that, they have a ~five minute cool down period.

You're right though, they do generate significant amounts of tc. However, that doesn't make it fine for their to be another tourney to generate another million tc into the economy. We have plenty of measures created within the community to counterbalance the amount of tc generated by the automated tourneys; that doesn't mean we should generate another free million into the economy a year.

But then again, in market value, 1.3 million isn't exactly all too much either. Could be nifty to implement for the community, but having some super neat items generated on an RNG basis would be super neat. Adds some randomness to it—you could get something as nifty as a 3D gel set/pure force & relax combo, or something as minimal as a common 3D item. (:

(p.s. I don't have any numbers here or any true facts that the amount generated would negatively impact the economy; I'm just guessing that it may cause a negative impact in the long run just due to increased net gain. Just might be something to consider.)