Ranking
Originally Posted by TRichard21 View Post
Off topic

I think we need an official buliten board thread , just for small notes like if your making an upcoming event or if somthing will be hold for a week and interesting things that you may want to participate in . No dissicusion in this thread , just reminders or notes .

Isn't that what the Suggestions thread is for?

Just thought of this as well, maybe we could have a contacts thread, where every member has information like skype, ps3/xbox, deviantART, etc.

For instance:

SilentAssassin
DeviantART: N/A
PS3:
Last edited by SilentAssassin; Sep 29, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Back to the point system: What if a member is unsure about an applicant, and doesn't want to give him/her full points. Let's say, an applicant is decent, though not awesome. I suggest we get the opportunity to give that applicant part of the points we are allowed to give him, instead of all of the points.
no. that just goes too complicated.. kinda. The clan did good with the old way when both leaders say yes, the applicant is in. I agree that the system we have now is better but giving like half of the points.. no.. Just my opinion <D
A proud ex-leader of the mighty [Hunters]
*click*
Guys, I really think we should raise the requirements to join a notch. I mean we've been on Toribash for FOUR years and we still accept 12 year olds playing wushu with a Qi of 1100 (no offence to anyone).
Thats is true, its just that most people are to lazy fill the app out correctly.
I filled the app out and ima say it was pritty easy to join. Plus filling out the app wasnt hard eather.
Maby if we make them do a free form app that has to include atleast, these these and these facts which are relivent for the clan and we can choose later, and the rest of is about them making an impression or whatever.
Ahh u know what i mean?

yeah this goes in the suggestions thread.
Last edited by shrimp24; Oct 4, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
[Hunters]
Moved the last two posts here, that's where they belong(kudos to shrimp24 for minding the rules )

@jisse: Give me evidence of one single time where we accepted a twelve year-old with 1100 QI that played wushu only. You know how evidence is key in any argument? Provide me with that evidence

Our requirements are pretty tough as it is. One has to have intelligence(an exceedingly rare thing), a very good knowledge of the English language, very good in-game abilities(especially improvisation) and a likeable personality. Our application form went through many changes before it became what is today, and I think it's one of the longest forms of any clan. Belts do not equal skill, nor does age equal maturity. I'm seeing more and more blackbelts who suck at the game and constantly use stiff unimaginative moves, resulting in some matches that make my eyes bleed. Most of them above 12 years of age too. On the other hand, I've seen very young people who were extremely mature for their age and had better English(especially spelling) than a lot of native speakers. You know this, but we pay much more attention to the way people talk/write and behave when considering them. Of course they have to be skilled players, and if you don't have some skill by the time you play 1000 games something has to be wrong with you, or you're one of the blackbelts I referred to above. I couldn't care less if an applicant is 2 or 60 years old - if he/she fits our requirements, he/she will not be rejected by me. [Hunters] have been on Toribash for 4 years(not sure how many of those you were with us). During these years, the clan experienced a complete overhaul to make it the exact opposite of its original state, which was f*cking pathetic. We have achieved that to a large extent.

The blackbelt requirement is good as it is IMO. If we raise it further, we would probably get a lot less applicants and we'd be needlessly turning away people with the skills and brainpower, but not the belt. I don't think we want that. Feel free to discuss/retort further, though
One of three leaders of [Hunters]. Chat? Identify yourself: https://discord.gg/ZHdJfAT
Personally, I think it's too hard to see someone's personality, writing style and tone based on merely a few phrases.

Maybe we can include a free response question, such as, "What qualities do you possess that would make you a good fit for our clan?" or something of that sort. I would probably suggest making this at least 1 paragraph, but that's because I'm a writing freak.

Also, no to raising the belt limit. We don't get many applicants as it is, why needlessly turn people away?
Originally Posted by lordtiger View Post
Our requirements are pretty tough as it is. One has to have intelligence(an exceedingly rare thing), a very good knowledge of the English language, very good in-game abilities(especially improvisation) and a likeable personality.

I rarely see any of these in any of our applicants. After my months in Hunters I have yet to see anyone with a very good ingame skill, exept for Skuzee, who had incredible skills for his belt.
I probably shouldn't bother that much anyway. After all, I left.
Originally Posted by jisse View Post
I rarely see any of these in any of our applicants. After my months in Hunters I have yet to see anyone with a very good ingame skill, exept for Skuzee, who had incredible skills for his belt.

Sure there were some people in the past we shouln't have accepted (not mentioning anyone.).

Still I think our current application form is quite good. I don't even care about the ingame skills much, aslong as the applicant isn't playing stiff, tripodding or/and running in his matches. They always can improve their ingame skills while they are in the clan.

The only thing that takes a lot of time to improve is maturity and intelligence (though, stupid people will stay stupid). You can already judge if someone really wants to join with reading the application, since most of the time it's obvious if someone spent some time with his application or not.

Also, wushu is an awesome mod and requires alot of skills if played right. So saying something like "oh he only played wushu yet, so he has to suck" is quite respectless. Especially all those wushu clans out there would slap you for saying that wushu isn't requiring any skills, and you are more or less saying that.

About the free response question: I'm against this idea. I would hate if i had to write a complete paragraph about something, and there are a few other people who would hate it aswell. It's still better in my opinion to hang around with the applicants ingame. You can talk with them and you get to know them. You also can ask them stuff there.

Nobody forces us to accept/decline applicants within a weeks or two. Maybe we just should take more time before voting.
Originally Posted by jisse View Post

Not seeing that evidence I was talking about. Come on now, don't be shy. Also, I'm genuinely interested in what you consider a "very good ingame skill". Your skill level, perhaps? Orko's? Mine, ThePitcher's, 2pro's? If you're talking about single-player replay-making skills, I admit I don't excel at that. If I spend an hour or so making one, I think I would do well. But I have no desire to engage in that activity. However, I can hold my own against most people in multiplayer, especially in mods that don't have easy random dm. I consider my skill very good in a variety of mods. Of course, personal style is subjective - what you consider very good I may consider cheap and unimaginative(though I doubt our tastes are that different, I was merely giving an example). I dislike guys who cheap moves in an attempt to win, without displaying any sort of skill or creativity in their fights.

About you not seeing intelligence in our applicants, I'm confused. I believe you noticed that we don't accept people that don't display it. In fact, we reject most applicants due to our requirements. We have made mistakes in the past by accepting the wrong people, but they were kicked soon after when they showed us their true colors.

About the English - if we only accepted people with flawless spelling, grammar and punctuation, there'd be 10 of us in the entire clan. Maybe less. What's important is that they are fluent at it - that we can easily understand what they mean. With time on the forums, they can improve.

Honestly, if you filled out an application now, would it be significantly better than the last applicant we got? You're basically saying we don't really take our requirements into account, without being able to give us a specific example.
Last edited by lordtiger; Oct 5, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
One of three leaders of [Hunters]. Chat? Identify yourself: https://discord.gg/ZHdJfAT