Ranking
Original Post
Match-Making system
I always kind of wondered, That why is it that you'll eventually find that one White Belt player with an rank of 3900. So i thought of a system that would have a "quick match" button and have a similar menu to these call of duty type games were it has a CORE (gamemode you'd like to play) And then it will match make you, based on rank in that game mode. Just a thought i figured i could throw out there.
WHO SAID I WAS HUMAN? I'LL KICK THEIR ASS!
There is a matchmaking system, you may choose the minimum and maximum belt to play against, then choose your mod. How well it works? I'm unsure, I have never personally tried it.
Automated matchmaking to reduce waiting.
In order to reduce the wait associated with playing games in heavily populated lobbies there should be an automated matchmaking system that runs concurrently with the public and private lobby system.

From an end-user perspective the system would include another option in multi-player for ranked play. You are added to a public queue in which you are matched against similarly ranked players. Think of it as tiers, low ranks would be versus low ranks unless there were no similar ranks available. If there are no current opponents in your skill range, then it would select a waiting opponent from a higher tier.

Game creation could be implemented as a completely private and invisible lobby which is created for the match and upon the match end the lobby is closed. There would be an option to enter the queue again to wait for a new opponent. In order to encourage use of the system by experienced players there could be a TC reward associated with win streaks in ranked play.
rank-based chatroulette for aikido
even shovelers/liftkickers/rank-farmers will not big problem here
~Supported
I would support if rank wasnt broken or if it actualy measures ones skill unfortunetly it is and it doesnt.-not suported until rank is fixed
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
Would love this to be implemented if rank was fixed, or if this was the only way to gain rank via match making.
A Matchmaking İdea
I hate waiting to play a game especially a game I like .. So Why not make a matchmaking system other than the room system I think It would be cool to see I lose every match so I have to wait like 5 minutes to play the game which is so frustrating.
Toribash had matchmaking and it was removed I'm not sure why but that should be enough said.
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
Why make Toribash like every other mainstream game? If you guys really wanted to play quick games, there are lobbies labeled "Quick," where you will only have to wait a minimum of 2-3 minutes to play. If you dislike waiting this much, then make a lobby with a few friends, you will still gain qi, but you will not get tc per win.

As stated above by everyone, the ranking system is broken. My in-game rank is around 30k, but if you check my usercard on the forums, it is 1k. Matchmaking would not work at all, due to these ranking problems, and honestly the ranking system is not that big of a deal.

A big flaw of matchmaking would be that people would be creating alts to fight lower level players and rank up faster, gaining an advantage. < This currently happens yes, but it is not that big of a deal due to the fact that you can join any lobby as a white belt.

In all honesty, if you can't wait to play a game, then Toribash might not be the game for you. Toribash is all about taking your time and thinking, as well as it is waiting. For the time being, try joining in on the quick servers, or make a server with a few friends. The more fun you have, the less you care about waiting.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post
Why make Toribash like every other mainstream game? If you guys really wanted to play quick games, there are lobbies labeled "Quick," where you will only have to wait a minimum of 2-3 minutes to play. If you dislike waiting this much, then make a lobby with a few friends, you will still gain qi, but you will not get tc per win.

As stated above by everyone, the ranking system is broken. My in-game rank is around 30k, but if you check my usercard on the forums, it is 1k. Matchmaking would not work at all, due to these ranking problems, and honestly the ranking system is not that big of a deal.

A big flaw of matchmaking would be that people would be creating alts to fight lower level players and rank up faster, gaining an advantage. < This currently happens yes, but it is not that big of a deal due to the fact that you can join any lobby as a white belt.

In all honesty, if you can't wait to play a game, then Toribash might not be the game for you. Toribash is all about taking your time and thinking, as well as it is waiting. For the time being, try joining in on the quick servers, or make a server with a few friends. The more fun you have, the less you care about waiting.

I won't actually agree with you.
Yes, we had matchmaking earlier and yes, it was removed from the game. It didn't happen due to some ranking-related issues, nor did that happen because of Toribash "being special", that system was just bad and thus wasn't used by players.
I believe that once the optimal solution of how to organize matchmaking is found (and we have resources to implement it), it will be added to the game. That's just a question of time.