Ranking
Original Post
Toribash Season 7
Toribash Season 7

Below are some ideas I had for Toribash Season 7; the aim of this is to promote healthy gameplay

================================================== =====

UTILIZE WINPOINT SYSTEM
When players get lifted in ABD, they pray to RNGesus for their knees/kicks to DM their opponent. If we had 80k-100k winpoint in all mods, this could promote an aggressive play style for players, and could give hope for players who get lifted.

BANNED OPENERS
I had this crazy idea about implementing "banned openers" for Season 7 (applicable only for ranked rooms) because some moves give a huge advantage to players who use them. It could promote a new way of playing the early game.

Banned Openers | Grappling
Contracted wrist/wrists
- Openers that have contracted wrists should be banned because of the inside grab, which would be highly advantageous for the player who utilizes it.

Lowered shoulder/shoulders
- Since contracted wrists have been banned (which usually counters shoveling) a lowered shoulder/shoulders should be banned. This is also because players might shovel each every game.

Banned Openers | Striking

Contracted knees
- This meta move in lenshu3ng.tbm is pretty broken and should be banned; if you look at clan league finals/toribash world championship matches, you may encounter players that use this broken move in lenshu3ng.tbm

Banned Openers | Kicking
None, this is because the state of kicking mods such as taekkyon.tbm/kickboxing.tbm are balanced imo.

That is all for now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
replace all grappling mods with a new grab would be fun
ok so you cant contract wrists or contract knees or kick or lower shoulders, why dont you just say you dont want anyone to shovel, also there is no ultimate opener or move that can win against anyone, you have to be good to win, not click joint A and B. You say play agressive, but if everyone isn't allowed to try to take advantage of your opponent, say with contracting wrist, thing that 80% or the players do every grappling mod match, people aren't being aggressive, they are following rules. It's all based on knowing what your opponent will do and try to outsmart that, everyone is playing aggressively in their own way and it is on the core of the game to you play the way you want. Even if you don't like the way people play, you can't choose which way is right, people want to take the easy road, it is not the player's fault. Just my opinion, i wish people would play more aggressively too, but if you can't force it into anyone. Try to imagine if a FPS game staff decided in the next ranked season: "Camping is banned"... you get what i mean. This would be a good idea, the banned openers, in a small challenge or event, but definetely not good for a whole ranked season
Last edited by sleep; Jan 8, 2021 at 02:48 PM. Reason: words
You just lost the game
I am not a scammer
[L2]
Obey
I'm talking about FIRST TURN OPENERS w/c means that players can contract wrists in the next turn/ could contract knees in the second turn. They could probably write a script that auto-spectate a player if they contract wrists/contract knees to make them lose elo.

Banning these openers will make people play differently. Watching a contracted wrists vs non-contracted wrists game in aikido/abd would be boring since the inside grab is very powerful.

Toribash is not an FPS lol, tb is a fighting game. There are RULES in the UFC/K1/etc. An example would be that K1 banned clinches to screw over thai fighters. I'm putting these banned moves to screw over duelers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
The same could be said about TB, it isn't the UFC/K1/etc. There's a part of the community that revolves around realism, and competitive seasons are not part of it. You have to accept that tactics are valid being that both parties can do it and frankly there are counters to all moves.

If something can be improved is obviously a continuous rework of mods, striving to perfect them, since the ones used are far from perfect and mod choices became stagnant in all events.
The first frame on grappling mods is so important, you can get many DMs on the very first frame of ABD, also, people wouldn't play different, people would try to play like they would with their knees contracted or wrists contracted as soon as the second frame starts, people would even find ways to exploit the system of contracted wrists and knees, using this as relaxing those joints to simulate contracting them, this would not "screw over duelers" in any way, it would just give them a challenge to play like they want, people don't change playstyles just because you can't do 1 things on 4 joints. The fact that you didn't get the FPS/camping comparison just show that you really don't understand the point i was trying to make, even if this is a FIGHTING game, it IS still a game, a multiplayer, with the most freedom you can imagine with all the joints you can move around, until REAL fighting rules are implemented, there is no way of making people change the way that they play, only if they are part of the game itself and even WHEN they are people still try to outsmsrt and exploit the game, and on top of all of that, this game is incredibily balanced for both players, on all official mods. If you want people to not try to take advantage of their opponents, suggest a fight avaliation system on all official mods, not to ban openers, that in the end wouldn't change much, would just cause more problems, especially with the ones you wanna screw over. You can add MariaVirgine's point to mine.
Last edited by sleep; Jan 10, 2021 at 04:19 AM. Reason: n't
You just lost the game
I am not a scammer
[L2]
Obey
Its not hard to know if an opener uses Contracted knee/wrist or lower shoulders (you just need to look at the top of the screen on left/right side of the Reaction time timer, each letter goes for one joint.

Tbh i don't think its a "Great" idea, its just an idea
Yeah, I'm not sure how it'd work though

if (tori is contracting knees){auto spectate and lose elo}

Also, the moves don't have to be banned "forever" in ranking seasons; it could be banned just this time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER