Toribash
Original Post
Bots and ToriEconomy
Alright, so me and Kane and another friend prior talked about b0ts on this wonderful game we have here, Toribash.
So, I remember this old dude named Fran who used to host these bet servers he had ran by a bot.. I think is before the staff and devs whipped up their rules on bots and whatever, anyhow, I was wondering if it could become a Staff associated entity which ran bet servers autonomously.
The purpose of this bot is plainly to maintain the circulation of TC, that's my idea.
"Do you explore the unknown or are you afraid of losing your throne?" I am Soon.
Bump? No one has anything to say about this? :/
"Do you explore the unknown or are you afraid of losing your throne?" I am Soon.
What exactly would be the difference between a regular static room with proper betting settings and a bot-operated betting room?
Originally Posted by sir View Post
What exactly would be the difference between a regular static room with proper betting settings and a bot-operated betting room?

The fact that this bot was smart enough to nudge people with a command, and if people were raising their bet with more commands, it would keep doing instant nudges efficiently, also when a self bet is not made iirc the bot just cancel and finicky the player or pause until this player bids, it was very comfortable ngl
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
With all-due respect Sir, those commands are awesome and I'm glad we have them. Regardless of that, the server owner has to set it up to those commands and it doesn't always happen.

I'm sure you remember our ol mate Fran, his bet server bot effortlessly maintained the server while he did minimal manual server operations. That was THE SHIT and if you could implement the same idea (MOTD with a help command > enter command > bot rattles off all necessary commands > and BOOM autonomous economic circulation.)

If you don't want 24/7 uptime then you could simply just make it an option for ES events. (ESBets and the ES hosts that server > calls for higher up staff to put bet bot in server > then boom.)

The theory is there, I've seen it work, YEARS AGO, da da da da... I love that we have these types of commands to do so but still, if the commands aren't set by the host then you can't use them.

I'd opt that you fellas at Tori HQ make an official static bet server with a bot fitting to this idea.