ES Recruitment Drive
It encourages bad behaviour.
sure it can be "art", bur more often than not, its just shit posting.

although I never banned them, must be a more recent rule.
I dont even deal with this shit anymore, why am i posting here?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
im sorry for exaggerating the fact that montage parodies are in fact, art.

I would like to start by telling you guys that while the outcome is seen as "lower quality standard" or just plain making it worse, I would like to say that it's like saying "Noobclapping is not a move" and "fucking lifting isn't going to get u anywher, m8"

if that's the case for montage parodies, im sorry, but really, there are certain videos out there that makes one video even better, for an example is this:

video

Now, about the "boring and repetitive"
the best ones aren't boring and repetitive, they really make you catch your attention, with lens flares, flashing colours, and nice text, and also they mostly use Australian-style accents to text, it is not "boring and repetitive", it's colourful and exaggerated to make some laughs out of you, I know there is a video somewhere that keeps throwing jokes while you can't stop laughing, these montage parodies are aimed at that.
-----
I don't really know what it means to "shit-post" on this board other than videos that are hell-like boring and posts that aren't the slightest about the video, art, or giving based cnc, "poop-posting" could be that you give insults to the creator making the video, without any cnc, or maybe you aren't contributing anything art-related, but for videos that have purpose and attracts attention and look decently well made with some effort, it's not "shitposting"
Last edited by snoresville; May 7, 2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

snoresville for president, we must defend our rights to montage parodies

When there is works of art (ie: montages/edits) there are also works of art designed to not be taken as seriously and make you laugh to some extent.
While these kinds of videos can be considered to be art technically, I think there should be at least some quality requirements in this board, especially if the content is intentionally made to be shit.
Originally Posted by snoresville View Post
I would like to start by telling you guys that while the outcome is seen as "lower quality standard" or just plain making it worse, I would like to say that it's like saying "Noobclapping is not a move" and "fucking lifting isn't going to get u anywher, m8"

It is not just a "lower quality standard", it is intentionally shit, which shouldn't be tolerated imo.

I don't really know what it means to "shit-post" on this board

Shitposting is "knowingly contributing low quality, off-topic, or ill intentioned posts."
In this context it could also be meant that your artwork has to be of certain quality as well. Or at least have the intention to be good.
but for videos that have purpose and attracts attention and look decently well made with some effort, it's not "shitposting"

I have never seen a video of this kind that would be of decent quality or well made, nor did I find any of them funny. They are annoying at best.
You could say it's a personal "preference" of sort, but do you really think we should allow videos with clipping audio, tons of overused memes, fonts and texts that don't really contribute to anyone in any way besides squeezing some cheap laughs out of kids? If you want that, go to 9gag or something.
I really doubt that this kind of content is what we want in our art board.
Last edited by Arthur; May 7, 2014 at 11:08 PM.
art board mods: if they dont understand it its not cnc
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
What is Plagiarism?

Stealing/copying artist's artwork.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
i feel like there should be some type of rule where you have to post videos at least 10 seconds long with actual content

where foreart thou moderators of the board
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
where foreart thou moderators of the board

Everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Anyways, the minimum required video length needs some discussing, so you'd have to wait for a while.
:^)
quick question are we allowed to have more than one thread that servers the same purpose like two [art] threads open at the same time?
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
quick question are we allowed to have more than one thread that servers the same purpose like two [art] threads open at the same time?

It's not strictly prohibited, afaik.
But making a new thread for every single piece of art you make (especially if you make new ones several times a week) is not advised.
You might even get warned/infracted for that.

Either way, in my opinion, it's better to just make a single thread for all of your stuff. It helps keeping track of your progress over time.