Ranking
Original Post
Name change addition
The plan!
All right, so we all know that name changing currently, the minimum is around 3 years of inactivity before you can pay 100k and take that name you always wanted just for a laugh and to feel amazing, right? Well, I've noticed that a few usernames have been taken but never used! I know, a sin in it's self, no Qi, no posts, nothing, just a username and a password. I suggest that you make it plausible to snatch up those unused accounts names after 1 year, for 100k tc, or maybe even a cheaper price at 75k-50k considering they weren't used at all.

The Pros
The pro's of this would be ones such as "people can choose unused names they previously weren't able to get for a cheap price and quickly!" which would possibly please people who want specific names at a cheaper price because they were completely unused :P.

Le Cons

You're probably wandering what problems, if any, this totally amazing idea could cause. There's a couple extremely obvious ones, which I hope you already considered, such as "What if the guy who previously owned the account comes back?" and "Wont this create an influx in name changes?" But never fear, the answer to these is quite simple.
Around 49/50 times, these accounts with no activity except creation will be forgotten, since they haven't been used in at least a year, and if they aren't forgotten by the original creator, they'll simply have had a forgotten password. Plus, the creator of these accounts is unlikely to come back to them if he's left them for a year, in the cold depths of loneliness with absolutely nothing and no usage. It should be fine just to take the account name, as even if they do come back, remember the name and password, and log in to play, they'll have had no qi, so it would have been exactly like a new account, just it was already created. That leaves the other problem of the influx in name changes, which is easy to tackle; people like to remain known and like people to know it's them, so name changing is already less desirable, but the majority of good names have had at least some activity, so it'd still cost 100k for them. There are a minimum amount of names possible to take that are good names or popular ones., I can't think of any.

The summary
I request the ability to take names that have been in-active for a year and have no qi, no posts, no transaction history, nothing, for a possibly cheaper price with a bare minimum of 50k to allow people to have those names they always wanted but were created but not used from a year ago onwards.

Have a nice day~~~

Love from Ze <3
Tim is bae :3
I love this idea, I've saw many ppl with names but they don't have qi etc.
this should be implemented

Supported
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex
This is a good idea but I believe the price should be the same for the namechange since its the namechange your paying for and not the name
Actually I agree with Tree, since you're taking away someone's chance of getting into the game with a specific name after 1 year it should cost more
On The Wall
This suggestion does grab my attention partially because I'm looking into maybe changing, but the account I want to change to has met all the requirements to change anyway BUT....That doesn't mean I can't have a little insight into what it's like for someone to want a change w/ an account that has been inact for maybe like a year and a half or something like that. It's a thoughtful idea but I would like to point out that (In my time), I've seen MULTIPLE people that have left their account to take a major break for more than a year, sometimes even more than 2 years. And to just make the sweeping assumption that they would've simply "Forgotten the password" actually made me question you verbally out loud to myself! (¬_+) How could one EVER just assume that - even w/o regards to name changing (Maybe just inact clan members and if they should(n't) stay in the clan). Let alone with something as major as changing the name of their account. Find some other reason to make the waiting time a year. But I do fully support the concept of the name change being a little cheaper.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
currently i think the way name changes works is just fine, this is so unnecessary
just wait the 3 years and pay the x amount of tc to get the name
Tree, thanks for the idea of adding price, i previously didn't think of it, now to tackle hassan's post :P

You mentioned someone leaving their account inactive for a year being a bad idea, I, personally, believe if they have played NO GAMES and had no posts, it should be an account up for name change, it should be an account up for grabs, since it's unused, i had the idea of lessening the time :P I've found one example of an account with nothing but a name and a password, not even used. http://forum.toribash.com/member.php?username=notback The name "NotBack"people might like, for a joke, like hubu calls me back since i said im back one time :P If the account is used, then the situation would be different, i fully agree that if it's used and has qi and posts and tc, it shouldn't be up for grabs till 3 years have gone by. However, accounts like NotBack i think should be takable after a year, either for an increase in price, as tree helpfully suggested, or 100k.
Tim is bae :3
We need this.

Supported, because just taking all the interesting names then not using the account is just r00d.
woah
I mean I own three accounts with good names Omega, Faded, and Peace. I wouldn't touch peace or faded or even this account due to not having a computer to play the game. I would be pretty mad if my name was taken after a year of not being active.