ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
"Wii HD" rumours
Since there's nothing about this on here I figured I'd start things off.

Recently a lot of rumours from various sources have started to surface about the "Wii HD" - currently codenamed "Project Cafe".

So far it's claimed it'll be revealed at this years E3, it'll be HD, backwards compatible with with the current Wii (possibly meaning Gamecube compatibility which would be awesome) and will upscale old Wii games.

It's also believed the controllers will have touch screens on them which I'm not too thrilled about - that means the controller will either have pissy little screens on them, or they'll have to be huge to fit one on it. Supposedly there will also be cameras on the front of the controllers (wut?), which are claimed to act like the Wii's sensor bar.

Nintendo have already stated many times they have no plans of ever supporting current 3D screens, but if TVs with glasses free 3D become mainstream they'll support it. Good news IMO since wearing something resembling NHS glasses has never been a frilling prospect.

Oh, and spec wise (if they're close to being right) it'll piss all over the 360 & PS3. That strikes me as a somewhat strange move since Nintendo have never been about numbers.

With the Wii having a major price drop coming up & Nintendo generally sticking to the 5 year console cycle there's a good chance it could be happening.

Thoughts?

Sources:
Game Informer
IGN
CVG
01net [French]

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Sounds odd

I miss the n64 era

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
I'm just wondering where exactly consoles will be going now. How much more realistic and innovative can you get? Hopefully 3D isn't an option right now.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
I'm still hoping kinect will rule the world
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Maybe they finally found out that their games look better through the Wii emulator on a PC than on their Wii?
Originally Posted by Zayex View Post
I'm still hoping kinect will rule the world

You are a horrible troll.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
You are a horrible troll.

I'm serious <--- omfg, the one time the heybaby fails!
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Everything except the controller sounds nice.

But a touchscreen on the controller? Cameras on the front?

I hope the controller doesn't look even half as stupid as it sounds.
This is weird. Nintendo has always had a "if it works, don't fix it" attitude. They're definitely late to the party.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.