ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
So, some news:

WE HAVE A SERVER MACHINE NOW!

ME AND SNAKE FORMED A GAME DEVELOPING COMPANY CALLED: DIGITAL FLOW.

And, we are working on a game...

yess, finally! Awesome.

Anything you can leak about the game..Can't wait to have some insider news. :P
Your messed up world enthrills me
I can't say anything about game itself since the idea is very innovative and can be stolen, which would make us copycats while we are original designers.

What I can say is: it will be developed in two parts: As a board game and as a Internet game (probably web based).

Board Game is the most quickest way for us to introduce the idea, have finished product and copyright all the intellectual material, so after that, adding the electronic version (PC web based game and much later for android based phones, Ipads etc...) of the game would be safe, due to patent rights that would be in our possession. Well, more of the intellectual rights to be precise since we can copyright game rules, logos, name, and thus everything that is based on our game idea is ours.

We also have a developer. He will work on the electronic part of the game that will only be based on the rules we made for the board game, but it will not be directly connected with our board game (totally different settings and look, but same game mechanics).

Game is meant to be played by 2 players, PVP only. It is pretty much fast-paced, tactical and very exciting due to risks you have to take playing every turn. it is also a game where constant lead can suddenly change into total defeat in a span of one turn which it makes so damn exciting since you are never truly safe and things can change in a snap (which we proved again test-playing it last night :} ).

Snake is currently working on the Rule Book, texts and look, and he is balancing game.

I'm doing the artwork and also testing some additional ideas, although everything is basically set, but u know me, always trying to add something more... ;> Making things harder for Snake.

And our coder is working on the engine of the game, graphics (which is combination of 3D and 2D) and preparing mathematical parts of the game (all those variables, functions, controls, etc..)

Since software developing part is rather slow, we gonna first make a prototype as a board game. Much quicker and it will allow us to pass it to copyright company for assuring our intellectual rights.

I'll be in charge to fund few prototypes of the board game (finished product, box, board, cards, everything) and then take them to company that issue copyright documentation, to set our product in their books of patents etc...

I'll probably ship the prototype to Snake (although he is against it due to shipment costs), but who cares what Snake wants anyway. XD

After that there will be promotions, sending our game for reviews by board game companies, PR,etc...

And we also need to find trustworthy person in US who will represent us and start KickStarter project for the public.

That's basically that for now.

I guess in 30 days or so we will have finished prototype of the board game, printed and boxed. That's our first goal.

And we have a server for hosting a web-based game later. :>
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jan 5, 2014 at 01:35 PM.
i see dollars in front of my eyes, congrats guys actually hope you a lot of money
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
I can't say anything about game itself since the idea is very innovative and can be stolen, which would make us copycats while we are original designers.

What I can say is: it will be developed in two parts: As a board game and as a Internet game (probably web based).

Board Game is the most quickest way for us to introduce the idea, have finished product and copyright all the intellectual material, so after that, adding the electronic version (PC web based game and much later for android based phones, Ipads etc...) of the game would be safe, due to patent rights that would be in our possession. Well, more of the intellectual rights to be precise since we can copyright game rules, logos, name, and thus everything that is based on our game idea is ours.

We also have a developer. He will work on the electronic part of the game that will only be based on the rules we made for the board game, but it will not be directly connected with our board game (totally different settings and look, but same game mechanics).

Game is meant to be played by 2 players, PVP only. It is pretty much fast-paced, tactical and very exciting due to risks you have to take playing every turn. it is also a game where constant lead can suddenly change into total defeat in a span of one turn which it makes so damn exciting since you are never truly safe and things can change in a snap (which we proved again test-playing it last night :} ).

Snake is currently working on the Rule Book, texts and look, and he is balancing game.

I'm doing the artwork and also testing some additional ideas, although everything is basically set, but u know me, always trying to add something more... ;> Making things harder for Snake.

And our coder is working on the engine of the game, graphics (which is combination of 3D and 2D) and preparing mathematical parts of the game (all those variables, functions, controls, etc..)

Since software developing part is rather slow, we gonna first make a prototype as a board game. Much quicker and it will allow us to pass it to copyright company for assuring our intellectual rights.

I'll be in charge to fund few prototypes of the board game (finished product, box, board, cards, everything) and then take them to company that issue copyright documentation, to set our product in their books of patents etc...

I'll probably ship the prototype to Snake (although he is against it due to shipment costs), but who cares what Snake wants anyway. XD

After that there will be promotions, sending our game for reviews by board game companies, PR,etc...

And we also need to find trustworthy person in US who will represent us and start KickStarter project for the public.

That's basically that for now.

I guess in 30 days or so we will have finished prototype of the board game, printed and boxed. That's our first goal.

And we have a server for hosting a web-based game later. :>

Sounds good. Just a few things:
-make sure the English is good= DON'T TRUST SNAKE. People will have to understand the game clearly so they can enjoy it.
-A web-based game seems like good advertisement for the game specially if it's free. What sucks is that most free board games to gain some income..render the game Pay2win.
-Are you planning on an internet shipment thing or are you releasing it in your country?
-I know you're secretive and all, but all game have beta testers, and you know who to trust. ;) (ok, you can take that as a joke :P)

Can't wait to support you guys in one way or another!
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by William View Post
text

-make sure the English is good= DON'T TRUST SNAKE. People will have to understand the game clearly so they can enjoy it.

text

Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Once we secure our copyright documentation, then we can think about beta-testers...

Right now, its paranoia time. Me, Snake and developer, tucked tight in some cabin in the woods, scanning the horizon for trespassers with shotguns.