Toribash
Original Post
GTA 4 PC - NEED HELP
Ohk guys, I need help.

I recently bought GTA4 for PC.
I have installed it and everything, even created accounts with all the random things it wanted.
BUT.
When I start up the game, it says I need to login to Windows LIVE, or else I won't be able to save the game. I do that, then it says that there is an update for the game, and if I do not install it, I get logged out. I still can't play the game.
When I install the update, I get near to the end or the progress bar, and then it just stops. I wait for 15minutes after that, and still nothing.
I hope someone can help me get this game running.

BTW, I have never actually gotten INTO the game. If I choose to not login, I just keep getting pictures of people within the game. This doesn't stop unless I bring up task manager, and end the process.

PLEASE HELP.

I thought I would post this here so I can get some people to look at it, and help me out.
"Sex is like a velociraptor: Despite your movie-fueled lifelong neurotic obsession, it is unlikely to be found in your house." ~XKCD
Does you PC meet requirements to run the game?
I guess you have it ,tough check it out.

Anyway I don't understand what Rockstar has to do with Microsoft *wonders*
KONY 2012
Yea, I don't know either, lol.
But yea, my PC does meet the requirements.
It even has enough stuff in it to run mostly everything on full, if it would fucking work.

Well, now I have installed a patch on it, so it does start up alright.
But now it just keeps cycling through the pictures of random people in the game. This is normal for a GTA game, but it should stop, and go into the game.
Mine just keeps on going.
Now, I need help with this.
"Sex is like a velociraptor: Despite your movie-fueled lifelong neurotic obsession, it is unlikely to be found in your house." ~XKCD
I've playes all past GTA games ,pressing enter normally lands one into the menu..
Does that happen to you?
KONY 2012
I can get into the menu.
I get into the part when you select "Start" and then it does the picture thingo, and just keeps doing it.
Eventually the music stops, but the pics don't.
Moving to gaming chat.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Hamster.

And Loach, will you be able to ask him by tonight?
Because if I can't sort this out, I won't be able to sleep tonight.
I'll keep thinking up ways that might work, lol.
Hmmm... I don't know what's with that. When I'm starting game i only have 3-4 pictures and game starts. Did you did like-
1.Install game
2.Install RGSC(rockstar gaming social club)
3.Launch RGSC
4.Now program asks for login and pass, you have to click sign up.
5.You fill all fields on site.
6.Then you click Make gamertag or something like this and another registration comes.
7.Then you're coming back to program(rgsc) and logging with your e-mail and pass.
8.You are logged and you can launch the game without problems.
I did that and it worked for me.