Ranking
Original Post
Teacher for toribash physics needed
Hello, I am a relatively new player, I have had the pleasure of meeting some vets such as [obey] toxic in my short time playing and would very much like a hand grasping physics, momentum and balance in-game.

I'm not sure if this is a hard subject to teach, but I am a willing student who is very keen to learn

Any help is very much appreciated
Regards
xximafishxx (in game ximafishx)
I'm interested in this as well! I used to play when the game came out a long time ago - but it's been years and I just back into it.
Everything, from set up to gain momentum, right through to utilising said momentum to complete an attack. With balance I'm average at scrambling but any insight into staying upright and manipulating tori to save myself would be appreciated
it's hard to teach it's easier to learn, i had trouble with it when i started but i got used to it and then managed to learn it myself.
:)
The physics is almost same as real life, it has all 3 of Neutron's laws, it's all up to your imagination to apply to toribash.

Edit: Newton's*
Last edited by xlr84life; Nov 8, 2014 at 08:54 PM.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
"Neutron's" lol

---

on topic:
Like others have said, what you're asking about is stuff you mostly learn through experience, though there are tutorials around that can point you in the right direction.

As far as understanding grabbing mechanics go, playing aikido will help a lot, simply because of the nature of the mod. There are a number of aikido tutorials around that demonstrate effective moves and how grabbing works.

For keeping up momentum in spins and such I suggest watching replays by some of the good replay makers such as largekilla and swexx to name but a couple. Watch how they work with their arms, legs and torso (i.e. everything ;) ) to make the move and how they maintain their momentum with them through the move. Some knowledge of rotational dynamics can help you understand how spins work too, such as how bringing your arms out and extending elbows to start a spin will help build up momentum whilst still going relatively slow and how bringing them in will make the spin faster. (by decreasing the moment of inertia)

And finally for balance, try learning to just stand up for the longest time possible, standing up again after a flip or something and running in -30 gravity. For this, mocucha's parkour tutorial is a pretty complete guide, but you'll need a fair amount of practice to get beyond the youtube run stage.

Of course all this is quite a lot to learn, so don't expect to be good at it overnight. If you really want to get good, just keep going and don't get stuck doing the same thing over and over again and stagnating your skill level. Try new things like mods you rarely play and progressively more difficult moves in everything you do, so long as they look good and are effective.

/walloftext
it will take a while you can't really teach, you'll have to learn it yourself unless you have friends that can come over to your house and show your or something.
:)
I can teach. Tell me when you can get on and I will (probably) be there.

P.S.: I cant play today, maybe tomorrow?
"A black belt is just a white belt that never gave up." -- Archos331