Ranking
Original Post
Cell shading?
looking back on Toribash i was slapped in the face with the memory that there used to be cell shading in the game. does anyone have a version of Toribash with the cell shading feature they can give me a link to? or a way to have cell shading in the new version of toribash? any help would be awesome, i really miss the style of it
Previously Bobross101
Tricking through Toribash since '08
Hmm, you'd be looking for an ancient version with non-working online (plus a lot of other stuff that's changed since) if you want for an old client.

Not sure if the code for it's still ligging around. Back then there weren't too many users that could use it due to hardware. These days it'd be a small percentage that can't so yeah, if it could just be slotted back in then why not?

The only downside was how horrible it could look with detailed texture sets. If you can get past that then there's no valid reason against it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
mmmmmm yeah, i think it was version 3.3? in my opinion it was the best art style toribash had

Edit: plus my mac's firewall stuff wont allow me to play multiplayer no matter how many animals i sacrifice to my macbook air, so the non working online wouldnt be a problem
Attached Thumbnails
FlameTrails01.jpg  
Previously Bobross101
Looks cool. Is there any more pictures of this for the non-ancient people to look at?
Totally supported though, assuming it's not horribly difficult to implement.
PM me with any and all questions
well, this is all i could find, pretty sparse when it comes to screenshots of it, so
Attached Thumbnails
chac2.jpg   hqdefault.jpg  
Previously Bobross101
Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
Looks cool. Is there any more pictures of this for the non-ancient people to look at?

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Now I am also interested in this.
Cell-shading has a certain appeal to it, even if it is not as detailed.

Toribash 5.0 for cell-shading kgo (cell-shading option)
There are people who ruin the atmosphere just by existing, you know.
i actually like the look of the cell shading it would be great to see it back in the game.
and i guess it wouldn't be that hard to code in being as it already existed before so the source code for that would have to be lying about somewhere.

I hounestly support and would patreon this if i could lol
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019
I'd also enjoy cell-shading return. I loved that option and had it on all the time until it suddenly disappeared from TB, which saddened me. I think that it fits tb graphics a lot. It just flat out looks good. If the reason for removing it was weak PCs, then nowadays it shouldn't be a problem, and it'd be just another nice feature.

Also I remember oldschool vid using the cell-shading:

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos