Toribash
Original Post
Better tourney bracket/formulation
So I just come home and though "What if, you never had to wait in toribash tourneys.". So I made a system where you never have to wait more than 2 and a half second after you have been playing.
So this is based on people playing at the same time.
This could also be used for betting servers.
So here's a picture of what it should look like with the camera out-zoomed.
\!/ This image is not perfectly made, but I hope you get the idea. \!/
\!/ Those are not actuall fights, those are made up fights, I used the command /dl (name) and /lp 0/1 (name). \!/
(In the mod aikidobigdojo.tbm)

There should be a limit on how many players that should join. And in this system the limit is six.
This might cause a lot of lag. But in my opinion it'd be worth it.
Issues so far
1. What happens if a skeet hits one of the other matches? (Or a dismembered body-part.)
2. What happens if a match ends early through a dq?
3. What happens if one player disconnects?
4. What happens if one player pings?
5. Doesn't that mean that the damage-points, timer, name and clan tag will over-lap?
6. Won't the sound f*ck up even more like in the latest toribash update?

Answers so far
1. A dismembered body-part will not be able to enter another dojo, it should bounce away like it was a shield.
2. The person who wins in that match will have to wait a couple of more seconds.
3. The tourney will stop untill someone else joins and can take over the guy who left.
4. He will get 10 seconds to re-connect, or another player will join and take over him.
5. No, you'll only be able to see your own and your opponents.
6. No, you will only be able to hear your own sounds and hits, since you're so far away from the other matches.
Last edited by Hypersaint; May 7, 2015 at 05:14 PM.
If you want to see people playing next to you, wouldn't that kinda be the same as having multiple tori fights, which has been declined a billion times due to lag and bad computers?
I can totally see why people support this idea, but I just don't see it as realistic at all, sorry.
Not supported, it's nowhere near worth the time.
Last edited by Hattersin; May 11, 2015 at 01:44 PM.
PM me with any and all questions
Bracket tourney instead of que tourneys are a great idea, but not with the toris being literately there.
I would support this, but the risk of lag would be to over-powering for any computer to handle. This idea is fantastic, but based upon the multi-multiplayer used in the past, it would be the same way. So I'm out, sorry

Not supported

Biggest Question Of The Year