Ranking
Original Post
can someone make me a script?
hi there! i'm not shure if i sshould post this here or on the requests, sorry if it is the wrong board!

i wanted to ask if someone can make a script, that when something is riped of, like a leg or an arm or something, it stays relaxed, and you cant move its joints, you see, like in real life, if someone cuts you an arm off, you cannot move it anymore! is it possible to make a script like that?! it wold be interesting!
It'd probably be possible, but difficult...
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
well i know it would be dificult... lol, think of it as a challenge, for the skills of who knows how to make lua scripts
What if get cut in half, what parts can move?
Maybe only stuff connected to the head can move.
decap = game over
Originally Posted by DesertPunk View Post
look out for walruses!

yeah! thats it karhax! thats what i meant! for example if you are cut in alf the lower section of the body cannot be moved, and decap, game over!
If there's a way to find out where connections are broken, it'd be very easy. Just loop your way to the head, and if there's a broken limb in the way, relax the joint every frame. (I'm no explainer :P)
Originally Posted by Karhax View Post
What if get cut in half, what parts can move?
Maybe only stuff connected to the head can move.
decap = game over

Not possible. Why? Because you apparently can't check stuff like that. I may have to improvise a bit to make it happen (go over the joints, one by one, if the distance between two of them is weird, say it's cut off)
Originally Posted by SSJokker View Post
Not possible. Why? Because you apparently can't check stuff like that. I may have to improvise a bit to make it happen (go over the joints, one by one, if the distance between two of them is weird, say it's cut off)

Can you even check positions of the joints? I didn't find an explenation in the documentation..
Originally Posted by claxor View Post
Can you even check positions of the joints? I didn't find an explenation in the documentation..

local j1 = get_joint_position(number player_index, number joint_index)
j1.X, j1.Y, j1.Z are the positions. Look at the SDK folder in 2.6 beta 2. There are examples

Also, we've been planning a way to get our own dismemberment checks. Basically, get all the positions of the joints in the first frame. Every frame, check the differences between pairs. With 18 connections in total per person, shouldn't lag THAT much.