Toribash
Original Post
Discussion: MAP Acceptance?
Recently I've come across the acronym MAP, standing for Minor Attracted Person.
It's a term used by pedophiles who think that they are being judged too harshly.

Some of them are trying to catch a ride on the LGBTQIA+ train of un-taboo-ifying certain sexual attractions and gender expressions.

Now, I think it is fairly obvious that pedophiles/MAPs who act on their urges deserve all the judgment they get. (If you don't, let us know why)

What I'm more interested in is this:
1. What do you think of this rebranding effort?

2. Should pedophiles/MAPs that do not in any way, shape, or form act on their urges get a ticket to ride the train, or should things stay the way they are? Another option entirely?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I think the rebranding effort is a bad attempt at minimizing their urges, and any person who unironically uses the term for themself is just trying to make themselves feel better.

2. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to make it socially acceptable for people to go about their day with such thoughts, as I don't trust them to have the self-control to not act on their urges for the entirety of their lifetime. I think we should be actively trying to help such individuals to get rid of these thoughts.
alright guy