Ranking
Original Post
[REQ]In-Game translator
I just put in my install disc for my computer again because i was bored, and i went to optional installs....
I downloaded every single languages letters (lol) So in tb, instead of blank things when people speak a different language, i get odd characters (most likely the alphabet OF that language) So i was thinking, a program that can connect to a tb server and gather what people type in the chat box, and translate the language into whatever OTHER language (in my case i would need english ;o)

Also, it would be good if this was made in python, so mac users could use this as well as windows and possibly linux...as i, and many others have macs.

OF TOPIC: And for some odd reason, i have a windows emulator that can emulate LOTS of windows things, including games like Trackmania Nations Forever....and with that same emulator i try all these third party programs (such as 3-4 player match generator) and NONE work in that emulator for some reason, except the one that DOES work is the Toribash Texture previewer or whatever...so mac versions are desperatly needed :x

EDIT: OSHIT need to put a tag on it....
Last edited by psyfon; Jan 1, 2009 at 05:21 PM.
Rawrawrawr, Ima Psy >:U
Shop | Replays
*grah*

Do you realize how ridiculously complex that request is?
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Apperently...no, i dont know how ridiculosly complex this request it :S
Cant you just...make a script that types in every word in a dictionary into an online translator and have it copy it into the program file or something? Idk anything about coding so...yea...idk ;o
Rawrawrawr, Ima Psy >:U
Shop | Replays
How will we know what language to translate it from?
How will we translate slang words?
:D
im not sure that even with translated alphabet any of it would come out making sense lol
Technical Old School. - It exists.
I think this idea is a nice thought, but it likely won't happen.

Everyone would have to register their language on toribash, and not use abbreviations, nor slang, nor ever mix two languages in speaking.. and can you imagine the lag it would cause people?
ICOF Co-Founder/Leader. "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head." - Euripedes
perhaps in 10 more years ;p

yeah, it's really complex.

even KNOWING the language, most translators makes errors.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
since other languages are in different phrases then english......... when the letters some up in english they will be speeking improperly: for example: me guy owned.
Originally Posted by xalpha25 View Post
since other languages are in different phrases then english......... when the letters some up in english they will be speeking improperly: for example: me guy owned.

Right...

We would need grammar corrections then.

We can't settle for:

Me llamo Unknown. --> My name Unknown.
yeah, because everybody who speaks english uses perfect grammar anyway.
^garblejfidlssja beflijfdsl baeufkh dsjlinuefjdsl