Toribash
Originally Posted by Maya
I just dislike bud more than mate. Why do you feel the need to question my comfort with these words?

Questioning your discomfort with bud cus I'm sure there's some bullshit 'whiny baby' reason behind it.
Originally Posted by Maya
I'm going to once again ask you not to use that word. It has masculine coding and I do not feel comfortable being referenced with it. I don't know how many times I have to ask you not to use masculine coded words to reference me. You're doing it intentionally and it is obviously malicious.

Aaaaand there it is.

Only in your twisted, 'whiny baby', ' pathologizing everyday experience', 'impotent victimhood' world is calling someone bud/buddy offensive. Honestly bud, get the fuck over yourself. I'm 'misgendering' you (and transphobic) because I'm calling you bud? That's laughable. You're ridiculous. You're like a caricature of yourself at this point.

So no, I'm not going to take you seriously. Why? Because you're acting like a joke.

I wonder if there's any staff that'll infract me for calling someone bud
--------------------
This is exactly the point of this thread. If they're looking for it, people will find problems wherever they look, in the absence of actual problems. The definition of what's 'problematic' gets broadened to the point of ridiculousness. The pussification (or 'comfortabilization') of society has lead to some people now getting offended (and crying 'transphobia') at being called 'bud'.

Thank-you for proving my point, Maya. Knew I could count on you.
Last edited by Ele; Feb 12, 2020 at 07:10 PM.