Ranking
Originally Posted by Kurokaen View Post
the worst thing you can do on a replay, ever, is relaxing your neck for a long period, and you left it relaxed the whole replay it seems[/B]

dude you have no idea how pissed off i was when i realized that after i finished the replay. Made me think twice on posting this but I need the cnc anyways, thanks for that. i'll see what i can do in the next one I make

In the meantime, a quick one
Attached Files
~Spry - Surge.rpl (128.6 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by sprytryne; Apr 22, 2018 at 05:34 PM.
I'm glad to see u're back spry ;)

I'll talk about demo, u know, i don't have much time to cnc all the replays, but that's okay.

Well man, first of all doing self-spar isn't an easy work, and this kind of spar is the kind of spar where u did a full defensive guy and a full ofensive guy, where the defensive guy wins the battle (it reminds me of largekilla, it's not a really new idea, but something that people hardly do), and this is where i'll start, i missed variety in this replay, mainly with the defensive guy, where u just blocked attacks, it makes the replay looks a bit monotonous (try some dodges), and the offensive guys just makes basic kicks and punches, i would like to see some spinning stuffes or some more complex moves, just like in the spar of largekilla that i've mentioned. That's the general vision i had about the replay, now i want to point out some details.

I think the first punch could be better, i think u could make it a bit more simple, i think just a straight punch could be better, moving the lumbar wasn't so needed in my point of view. The first block was cool, the second punch was nice too, u did well, mainly in the detail of bringing your leg back to make a backstep, i think u "threw" ur leg a bit far away, but that's just a little detail, i don't think it's really a mistake btw. After that u do a kind of a triple kick, and the block for the first kicked seemed kinda unecessary, but u had to do it because of ur backstep (ur long backstep forced u to contract ur legs, and contracting ur legs u neede to do that little block) that's why it looked not necessary. the second and third kick were actually pretty cool, but the block for the second kick wasn't that good, and the only reason was the fact that u blocked it with ur elbow (well, we normally don't block hits with the part of the elbow that u used to block in this spar, and in real life i believe it hurts), but it's nothing really problematic. The third kick was pretty nice and the block was really cool, nice execution on this one. the trasition u made with tori after that block was just good, in the end of that ur lost ur balance, u needed ur arm to help u, in self spar it's something that u have to avoid.

Finally lets talk about the ko. I sadly haven't enjoyed the ko, u put yourself in a hard situation, the punch didn't look like a punch, u hit uke's leg and after that u were forced to do a transition cuz u completely lost the balance, and things after that (pose,etc) don't really care, i don't pay atention for this when i analyze a replay.

Overall it's a 5/10 (in my point of view u are probably a bit rusty, just like me hehe), there's many things u have to fix in ur self spars, also on thing i've noticed is that all ur 3 kicks u kicked with ur ankle contracted, try some variations, maybe with the ankle relaxed or extended, the ankle is normally contracted when u kick with the heel (with some 360 kicks, those thing that i don't know the name).

But i feel really happy to see ur back, we should spar some day ;)
[TANG]Member
RSO Teacher
hell yeah i'm rusty, i was looking forward to looking on what I missed in this replay. I whipped this one out to see what the hell i've forgotten. Also i wasn't terribly good at self spars to begin with. Thanks for the cnc man, I'll keep em in mind
ok so opener is pretty standard. few twitches here and there. one thing i dont like is how stiff your arms are. i like the first kick and then the back kick to the arm boom is pretty nice. and the last boom is nice, but probs coulda got all those joints.

gj
Yo that first kick was a flawless one, nice work /o/

transition was pretty cool imo, kept the flow going.

Wish the punch wasn't a graze dm, but it was good. Personally I would try turning the hand into grabby a frame before impact (so you can get a good ghost) and then ungrabby it so you can send the head and the pec flying which would look cool.

In my opinion you jumped the gun a bit too early with that final kick, you could probably get the whole thing in a cleaner hit with just the contraction portion, rather than waiting for an extension of the knee to dm.

Still a good replay regardless, good job
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/