Ranking
Original Post
The rules are blowing away
Haven't you noticed that the forum rules seem to be fading away? I mean in every board (most) people don't read the rules. I'll say like three or four examples right now. Well I remember MBK made a rule for Clan Discussion saying that, "If you are to say FAIL on a clans thread that has not got official yet you will recive a 3 day ban. It is not your choice to decide if a clan fails or not". Not alot of people follow that rule. Double posting, I saw that people were not getting in trouble for posting Multiple Times, it's quite annoying in my opinion. Also in manyy other boards rules are not followed I think I saw one today. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=26833
That says that people are not aloud to post pivots in the General Discussion board unless it's in the "Pivot mega" thread I think. Also when threads come up that are not supposed to be there people go "LOCK/SHAME" that's not aloud either. When toribash was shareware the supermods were being really strict. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone for your mistakes or anything, it's just that this is the punch line.

The forum rules seem as if they are fading away.

Please discuss.
Last edited by AaronSasori; Apr 11, 2008 at 09:38 PM.
[ s p i r i t ]
SKATEBOARDER
wonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk♥♥♥wonkwonkwon kwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Very true, especially the double posting bit. Some of these used to be heavily enforced, but not anymore...
Steam ID: budster650
Tried telling everyone about this but all i got was "Fail". No Good.
Are you new to Toribash and looking to join a clan? Join [NEWB]
Clan Newb Toribash Thread
ClanNEWB.com
yah thats totaly true. its all the free ppl now. =0
It dosn't make any sence!"-Kenny
me- "Nothing ever dose for you."
Not really. It's just that in the shareware part of toribash when rules were broken the people that broke them, got punished. 3-5 day suspension.
[ s p i r i t ]
SKATEBOARDER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I commented on how smokie (a server moderator) had double posted on a thread in the market and got a bunch of negative rep...
Originally Posted by wnrpdx View Post
I commented on how smokie (a server moderator) had double posted on a thread in the market and got a bunch of negative rep...

My Points exactly, once someone of that level does something against the rules it shows everyone else its ok. Those people in those positions need to start caring about what they say and do and set an example for the rest of the community. This is what i have been TRYING to do.
Are you new to Toribash and looking to join a clan? Join [NEWB]
Clan Newb Toribash Thread
ClanNEWB.com
Hey hey. Don't turn this into a flame thread, I want people to see it. Just say if you agree with me or not and why. That stuff makes it easier to not start arguements.
[ s p i r i t ]
SKATEBOARDER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by wnrpdx View Post

This is pretty much why I think the double posting rule should get even less attention then currently. Double posting to bump, especially in regards to selling an item* (or to provide new information in a thread days later when the "double poster" was the last one to post), is not a crime. Double posting in a situation that a post edit could solve is another story.

That being said most fourm members can't seem to see that difference or comprehend it.

-----------------
*smokie "double posted" in order to bump his thread for selling an item.
Last edited by lancer_c; Apr 11, 2008 at 09:48 PM.