Toribash
Original Post
Pivot ban.
hello there,

I use pivot for animations, i'm not good but I'm also not a complete beginner.
Once I posted all my animations in a thread until the Pivot ban came.
I completely understand that you guys get sick of all the nub pivots, but still I thought it was a bit unfair, but okay.
now what I think is weird, is that people can't post their noob pivots anymore, but they CAN make threats about their noob Flashes, or bad photoshop creations.
now I'm not pointing it towards YOU, ofcourse.
So I've seen people making flashes, whether good or not, and posting them in multiple topics, one topic for one animation.
So that is okay, but having one thread for your pivots is not?
Also I've seen some REALLY good pivot artists, but they can't have their thread either wich is a shame, because almost no one looks at the pivot megathread.
I don't get why you people hate pivot so much, ofcourse it's WAY less possibilities than Flash, but should that mean it should be banned from the forums?
Discrrrrimination! :L
I personally think Pivot shows skill, because it's so simple and yet you can make these great animations, wich is hard, so I respect these elite pivoters.
If you guys don't want these noobish animations, why not make a big beginner thread?
or even a beginner subboard?
you can do something like, "post here until you get moved up to the normal General Art board."

this was my opinion, please share yours too .

I would also like to say that this is my longes post ever. Booyeah!
Last edited by Caesar; Apr 12, 2008 at 09:08 PM.
<+Lightningkid> ......
<+Lightningkid> wow
<+Lightningkid> I fail
I think this is a GREAT idea!

Veb, you should consider this.. wait.. not consider.. DO THIS
<Cindermomo> finnish people are so weird
<Cindermomo> go eat your trees
Pivot is also free whereas (depending on the version) flash can cost you some huge amounts of greenbacks. I agree, I don't see why you should get banned for something like this when there's people posting flash everywhere.

I vote for ze subboard. Let's make a petition/poll for one :O
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
You three should've read what veb said.

No more pivot threads. There's still one, here, and that's the one where you should post yours. So don't say there isn't a thread for pivot.
There was like, 3 threads per day with noobish pivot animations, which would occupy space.

Caesar: Use search button and don't say that a Pivot Thread doesn't exist and that should be created.
Um I thinks its pointed out when you said it yourself pivot Ban!

They're banned for a reason and making a subboard will lake a huge ammount of free space away.
<Hamster> I need a towel
<Hamster> ._.
Originally Posted by Drakhir View Post

No more pivot threads. There's still one, here, and that's the one where you should post yours. So don't say there isn't a thread for pivot.
There was like, 3 threads per day with noobish pivot animations, which would occupy space.

Caesar: Use search button and don't say that a Pivot Thread doesn't exist and that should be created.

Let me quote myself.
Originally Posted by Caesar
Also I've seen some REALLY good pivot artists, but they can't have their thread either wich is a shame, because almost no one looks at the pivot megathread.

I never said there wasn't a thread, I said it was unfair.

Originally Posted by Hamade View Post
Um I thinks its pointed out when you said it yourself pivot Ban!

They're banned for a reason and making a subboard will lake a huge ammount of free space away.

I know they are banned, and I understand. But why only pivot?
Last edited by Caesar; Apr 12, 2008 at 09:29 PM.
<+Lightningkid> ......
<+Lightningkid> wow
<+Lightningkid> I fail
Originally Posted by Drakhir View Post

THATS exactily what it would PREVENT, if you created a begginers thread/sub the noobs could post there until someone said they could post in general, Geez read what he just posted..
<Cindermomo> finnish people are so weird
<Cindermomo> go eat your trees
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Pivot = not related to Toribash = shouldn't have a subforum = Stop whining

I didnt say Pivot should have a subforum, that, again, would be discrrrrimination :L

I suggested a subboard for beginners, or a thread for beginners, at ART.
<+Lightningkid> ......
<+Lightningkid> wow
<+Lightningkid> I fail
I use Pivot myself, and I don't complain that I can't post them here.

Just post them on darkdemon.org, and link someone when you want to show them.

It's not that big a deal. Far better than getting spammed with dozens of crappy animations, or making a whole new board/system just for that.