Ranking
Original Post
Anti-dubstep
Ugh how can you even call dubstep music....

If it just one random guy sitting infront of his pc recording ,
windows that shatter and babies that's screaming while the blender is on full.

If you think otherwise....post here.
The older dubstep is a genre on its own and is actually pretty decent.
The dubstep you think is dubstep is NOT dubstep. I am talking about Skrillex etc.
Whilst Skrillex is a great producer (I despise his music but I cannot argue about the fact that his productions are pretty decent) his taste in "music" is far from great.

Go search the web for oldskool dubstep. The dub, dubstep with reggae, the original.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Yeah , overall dubstep sounds like transformers having sex , but yeah I'll try oldschool
dubstep
Again, that is not dubstep.
The dubstep community tends to call it brostep and other names, but whatever.

I'm not really into dubstep per sé but I am into good music.
So it pisses me off when hard work gets thrown away by a group of money hungry noobs.
I'm an artist.
I have a similiar opinion about music today.
Just a bunch of rap shit and retarded "loves stories"
I find dubstep, electronic, and 8-bit more to my liking.
Skrillex doesn't make dubstep that much, he does stuff
like electronic, house, trance etc.
wow that
sucked
That is wrong as well, haha.
Electronic is a really wide spectrum so you're right about that.
House is still pretty wide as well, as of today.
Skrillex does not make trance. Trance is a bit outdated today but was very popular in the early 2000's.
People like Dj Tiesto and stuff.

I listen to minimal, deep-house, techno and lounge/ambient mostly.
But I like any kind of music as long as there is soul in it.
Not the commercial "muahaha lets fuck up the minds of young innocent noobs so we can get rich" kinda music.

But then again, they're doing a good job because otherwise they wouldn't get so popular.
It all boils down to how easy it is to manipulate the public.
I'm an artist.
Well , for example Korn if you listen to their old (heavy metal) album , against their new
(dubstep) albums you'd be surprised how much of their musical talent and fans has been
withdrawn.
Originally Posted by Numb View Post
Well , for example Korn if you listen to their old (heavy metal) album , against their new
(dubstep) albums you'd be surprised how much of their musical talent and fans has been
withdrawn.

Wtf, they make dubstep now?

Anyway, I agree that the oldschool dubstep is better, and the new "popular" version is generally terrible. Isn't the oldschool one a lot closer to plain "dub"? Liquid Stranger is the only dubstep that I can really enjoy. He has a pretty good ambient album too.
Yes you're right Clockwork.
Also, WTF?! I loved the old Korn shit, a shame they turn their back to their roots like this..
I'm an artist.
Skrillex is house electro. Also dubstep has many genres to it. It all depends on your personal opinion. If you have any free time, try out liquid dubstep; it's relax and isn't WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB