Ranking
I can help with that, i can speak English but my native language is Brazilian Portuguese.
I want to get better some areas of my English, some of them are pretty rusty
Undead Leader - Item Forger - Left-Handed - DeviantArt - Scorpius
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4476328_4.gif[/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
culture: "Cachorro" in portuguese is dog, "cachorro" in spanish is any mammal puppy if I'm not mistaken. That is fucked up. "Puppy" feels like a term only dogs but, if there are cats puppies, you'd hear "this is a cat [dog]" if you are portuguese and you were talking to a spanish person.

@Onsola: can you confirm?

I can confirm that cachorro is used as a "synonym" of puppy, never the less it can be used just as you said if you clarify the animal from which your talking about, tho it even sounds weird in spanish (since cachorro is applied to all mamals, yet every animal has it's own version of the word, ex. horse=caballo foal=potro/cachorro de caballo, tho you have to be drunk to use it that way), it is used mostly for common pets (cats and dogs).
Fun fact, del Potro is an Argentinian tennis player, and he's pretty good, okno
edit, can be used on wolves/foxes just fine
Last edited by Onsola; Aug 18, 2018 at 08:05 PM.
<Xioi> Become one with the bleach
Steam
Also as a request, instead of "As easy as ABC" I want to add a weird expression so, any suggestions are appreciated.

it's a doddle
Updated.

Does anyone have a good/funny british expression? Victor introduced me some good ones and I want moar >:^(

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/co...mediately.html

http://www.effingpot.com/chapters/slang/
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
Originally Posted by Onsola View Post
I can confirm that cachorro is used as a "synonym" of puppy, never the less it can be used just as you said if you clarify the animal from which your talking about, tho it even sounds weird in spanish (since cachorro is applied to all mamals, yet every animal has it's own version of the word, ex. horse=caballo foal=potro/cachorro de caballo, tho you have to be drunk to use it that way), it is used mostly for common pets (cats and dogs).
Fun fact, del Potro is an Argentinian tennis player, and he's pretty good, okno
edit, can be used on wolves/foxes just fine

yeah but in portuguese sounds like "este es un pero de gato" or something xD

don't you dare start linking me, I want the fresh thing and with a context inserted if possible

checking the links anyways, although I think I've already scrolled throughout them

Originally Posted by Surge View Post
btw I can help with English, I live in UK

I'll be adding you right now

it's a doddle

and this too
-----
more culture:

Stuff - A recent headline in the New Statesman read "stuff the millennium". Using stuff in this context is a polite way of saying "f*** the millennium". Who cares! Stuff it! You can also say "stuff him" or "stuff her" meaning they can sod off.

that's british by the way
Last edited by Lionet; Aug 18, 2018 at 11:29 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

realistically nobody says that

are you trying to make me look dumb?

don't you dare make fun of me
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fun fact, Colgate recommends you hang yourself (in spanish)

boi

Colgar=hang, ending with te=a way to describe that the action should be applied to the person who's listening, reading (exp. limpiar=clean limpiate=clean yourself)
<Xioi> Become one with the bleach
Steam
Originally Posted by Onsola View Post
Fun fact, Colgate recommends you hang yourself (in spanish)

boi

Colgar=hang, ending with te=a way to describe that the action should be applied to the person who's listening, reading (exp. limpiar=clean limpiate=clean yourself)

I can confirm this is a real fact.