Ranking
i average about 100-110 wpm range, absolute peak probably being somewhere in the 120s

ive never practiced the proper technique with typing, and i only use 3 fingers, my left index and middle and right index (4 if you're counting spacebar usage with my thumb) been typing this way since i was about 6 and ive never felt the necessity to change it because my typing speed is fine for what i do
I barely use three fingers so nty

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
does anybody actually type with your fingers on homerow

all my life I was taught to have them rest there but I never did get into that habit
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
only sweats do
-----
true chad Replaymakers use 3 fingers and below
Last edited by tabby; May 5, 2021 at 06:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by sBotmtwigrmiatstits View Post
does anybody actually type with your fingers on homerow

all my life I was taught to have them rest there but I never did get into that habit

i do, but i was taught to do it when i was young and it just stuck with me. i also have some generally weird typing habits though, like only using right shift for capitalization, right thumb for space, etc. i am glad i forced myself to do it when i was younger because i attribute my current speed to learning good typing habits early and not being a 1 finger noob.

Originally Posted by tabby View Post
only sweats do
-----
true chad Replaymakers use 3 fingers and below

i don't understand how you can feasibly type using 3 fingers. reaching the 'P' key for example would strain the hell out of my right hand if i was only allowed to use my right index/middle finger and not ring finger. same with the other side of the keyboard, please do not tell me you press buttons like left shift with your index finger.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
i don't understand how you can feasibly type using 3 fingers. reaching the 'P' key for example would strain the hell out of my right hand if i was only allowed to use my right index/middle finger and not ring finger. same with the other side of the keyboard, please do not tell me you press buttons like left shift with your index finger.

well im constantly repositioning my right hand while typing with my left, so if the next letter for my right hand would be P i would already be above that letter before typing it i don't really know how i do it lmao but it just works. there's generally all the frequent letters on the left side anyway and sometimes my left hand reaches a bit over to the right side of the keyboard its legit so dumb how i type bro

my ring finger on left side is rarely ever used, maybe very occasionally to hit A if i'm too far away, but i do use my right ring finger for backspace if i make a mistake, and as for using left shift and other functions it depends on what im doing, in casually typing i will probably use my ring finger but if the activity is function intensive then i will probably use a more dominant finger

sorry for the weird fuckin metallic background noises i have no clue what the hell that is lmao

it most likely stems from mashing z and x on toribash like a sweat, using space and a severe lack of the right side of the keyboard when playing the game, no doubt it influenced these habits since i have like 5k hours on the game and i've been playing since i was 10 lmao
Originally Posted by tabby View Post
well im constantly repositioning my right hand while typing with my left, so if the next letter for my right hand would be P i would already be above that letter before typing it i don't really know how i do it lmao but it just works. there's generally all the frequent letters on the left side anyway and sometimes my left hand reaches a bit over to the right side of the keyboard its legit so dumb how i type bro

my ring finger on left side is rarely ever used, maybe very occasionally to hit A if i'm too far away, but i do use my right ring finger for backspace if i make a mistake, and as for using left shift and other functions it depends on what im doing, in casually typing i will probably use my ring finger but if the activity is function intensive then i will probably use a more dominant finger

sorry for the weird fuckin metallic background noises i have no clue what the hell that is lmao

it most likely stems from mashing z and x on toribash like a sweat, using space and a severe lack of the right side of the keyboard when playing the game, no doubt it influenced these habits since i have like 5k hours on the game and i've been playing since i was 10 lmao

interesting, thanks for the video. the amount that your right hand moves is pretty crazy to me considering how stable both of my hands are when i type personally. i think it's cool to see what typing habits other people have developed because it seems like i have a lot of weird habits that i didn't know were weird until i learned about the way other people type.

if i try to type the same way that you do i find it hard to figure out exactly where my finger is hovering and i make a lot of mistakes, kind of crazy that you can build up the muscle memory to accurately use your index finger like that without looking (hopefully you don't have to look lmao). i think my entire muscle memory for typing is just feeling where my fingers are between keystrokes otherwise i would just get lost.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
interesting, thanks for the video. the amount that your right hand moves is pretty crazy to me considering how stable both of my hands are when i type personally. i think it's cool to see what typing habits other people have developed because it seems like i have a lot of weird habits that i didn't know were weird until i learned about the way other people type.

if i try to type the same way that you do i find it hard to figure out exactly where my finger is hovering and i make a lot of mistakes, kind of crazy that you can build up the muscle memory to accurately use your index finger like that without looking (hopefully you don't have to look lmao). i think my entire muscle memory for typing is just feeling where my fingers are between keystrokes otherwise i would just get lost.

yeah i don't have to look unless i'm having to use the odd ; because trying to hit it from memory of its location usually gets me ' or L like it did just now writing this sentence, apart from that i can see where the rest of the keyboard is in my head and i don't have to look to navigate either hand or finger around it as long as i know where i'm starting from

i do make mistakes somewhat frequently but its mostly due to my left hand moving faster than my right hand, like i'll do step 1 and 3 before ive done step 2 and i just have to go back and add it after

its a crazy inefficient way of typing but ive been doing it this way for so many years that i don't think i have the patience to even bother trying to learn the correct way, its just engrained in my genetic structure bro
I have around 70 WPM but I upped it because it was around 50 last time I checked. Novel writing forced me to get a higher WPM I guess. My friend has 200 WPM and acts like as if that's normal.
NO TITLE