ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[need help] tablet pc or notebook?
i need some pc to use it at my new workplace. it doesn't critical what will it be. boss is fine with that.

most likely i will need something to be able to work with excel/access and that sort of things. ( data analysis etc ) + most likely i will need internet support

i was using gdocs on android for quite a while and positive about tablet pc option, but i have no idea how useful it will be.

so, any suggestions ?
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
It's up to you, but I think working on a laptop(with a mouse next to it) is more comfy, than typing on a touchscreen(I have a touchscreen mobile, and I still make a lot of mistakes while typing.). If I'd ever buy a tablet, I would make sure it has a keyboard dock, and supports mouse, which basically equals a laptop+touch screen. And touchscreen is a really cool feature, not necessarily usable though if you aren't a graphical artist.

So if you need it for work only, in my opinion a laptop is finer, as it has more features, usb ports and so on. Also some of them are able to handle UTP(lan) cables, just in case you don't have wireless internet access at your workplace.
0x6869706F7469626F72
I wouldn't want to do any serious work on a tablet without a keyboard.

Microsoft surface has USB ports, I would consider that. Does the nexus tablet?
what about lifebook? i prefer lifebook easy to make artwork and type is the same as on laptop and actually its not very expesive
Oh yeah Lenovo make some nice stuff like that, Thinkpad too.

Thinkpad are amazing if you don't mind it looking like a thinkpad
i have no idea seriously, but seems like i will go with notebook then
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Definitely laptop, because it has all the features of a regular PC and you can easily take it home if needed.