Ranking
Original Post
Help? Someone who knows lot about PC's
Okay.

Im having this little problem.

For some reason i am having weird lag spikes in games.
Some time ago everything went well but then it started.

Lagspikes comes like every 2 minutes when they start and last for about 10 seconds.

It drops my fps to about 15-5 no matter how game normally runs.

Sometimes it don't happen but like after one match of BF 3, they start on next match.

Just now i played Far cry 3 and i played about 10 min and then lagspikes started.

This has happened in multiple games like Farcry 3, battlefield 3, GTA IV etc.

It would be nice if someone could help.

Thanks for reading.

fuck
Hmm...Maybe your PC is using much RAM memory, due to a unknown process that is executing at the background...Do you know of any situation where you could have installed a toolbar? These usually come with adware, which minimizes the computers performance.
Also, download Ccleaner, it will clean your computer from temporary files and it will increase the disk performance.
Leave your computer de fragmentating one day. The application comes installed within windows, search for it through the start bar.
Another thing you could try to do would be opening task manager. To do so press ctrl+alt+del.
This will open a menu if you are in windows 7 where you need to select open task manage, or will open task manager directly.
See if there is any process under the process bar you don't know about, or fins suspicious, and google it to see what it is. If its something you don't require, click on end process.
Hope this helped, if you need more just PM me.
(I am studying IT level 3 on college, and I am getting the distinction criteria done)
㋡ My TB A$AP Homies ㋡
[PS4 - Xx_MeekMill_xX]
Thanks Solax.

And thanks Boing. Will see what to do.

I am using a thing called gamebooster for some games that requires a little bit more performance and that should shut down waste programs and stuff.

And well i think i've should say my computer specs.

AMD Phenom II X4 N950

ATI mobility radeon HD 5650.

And 8GB DDR 3 RAM.

And i updated my drivers now.
I haven't updated those in a while. D:

fuck
Well, if they worked before without updating drivers, they should work now (unless the games have also updated). Also, nice PC you got there...
*Going zapekk house, stealing it*
And well, the game booster programs works well, unless it has nothing to close. Then it will be just a waste of RAM.
㋡ My TB A$AP Homies ㋡
[PS4 - Xx_MeekMill_xX]
Clean your PC inside. May be problem with cooling, if you say that it starts after launching a game.
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Clean your PC inside. May be problem with cooling, if you say that it starts after launching a game.

I have thought that might be the problem.

ANyway. Here's a little pic.

Allways when the lag comes GPU usage drops to about 50%-60% and normally it is on 99%.

And at the same GPU heats up more when lag comes.
Not sure if that pic matters anything.

I think that i have to open this laptop.

fuck
Hmm...What Saint says might be true, open your laptop and use a little brush, and clean through your processor and graphics card. If you are not familiar with computers, don't touch anything else, and even less if it's a laptop.
㋡ My TB A$AP Homies ㋡
[PS4 - Xx_MeekMill_xX]
Woah, dude, 80'C is a lot for a GPU. I've got stable 50'C, and it even should be at 30-40'C with better cooling.