Toribash
Original Post
2.1 Graphic Problem
Hello,

2.0 worked fine for me, but when i downloaded 2.1, theres an annoying name glitch for me. It happens only in multiplayer. The red person's name is fine, but the blue person's name and the "fight" text is messed up. Attached is a screenie of the problem.

My Rig:

Manufacturer:
Acer, inc.
Processor:
AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-30, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.6GHz
Memory:
512MB RAM
Hard Drive:
80 GB
Video Card:
SiS M760GX
Sound Card:
Realtek AC97 Audio
Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Quanto
Originally Posted by Hitman
no

Re: 2.1 Graphic Problem
I bumped into this curious bug once before, tho i forgot the name of it, it was my graphics card, whether it was the driver or the whole card itself, i don't know, i'd suggest you either upgrade or roll back your drivers and try.
What what? In the butt.
it would affect both sides in that situation. it is likely to be your graphics drivers. You could try updating them as Foxie stated, or wait for Hampa to read this and see what he says.
I has a flavour
ive got this exact same problem and im pretty sure ive got the same computer
Hey,
I reinstalled toribash and it didnt work. I dont really wanna mess around with my drivers, because the last time I messed around with it, I had to take my computer to a repair shop. I've been trying to play with this annoyance, but it has become worse. Sometimes the chat box is completely missing.

These two "modes" usually switch randomly, but not that often.

Originally Posted by rubby
im pretty sure ive got the same computer

Aspire 5000? Does it suck for gaming or is it just me

I'm gonna kill two birds with one stone and attach my head.

Thanks for all your help guys (and girl)

Quanto
Attached Files
Quanto.tga (48.0 KB, 17 views)
no

There's few things common with pre-made computers, no matter of brand.
1. You should not buy them, ever, "plays best on alienware" tag is rather lauughable, really.
2. They're overpriced
3. They're underpowered
4. You never get what you want.

...wait... switch randomly? Did a virus scan lately?
What what? In the butt.
The problem may be the video card drivers, something like that. Update your gfx card driver or go back to an older version. If this doesn't work, do a reformat. Then install latest drivers (this way nothing can conflict...). Pretty sure it should work after that...
However, if you do that, i'd suggest asking hampa for 2.0 again (or if you still have it) is the same problem on it at this point in time? Because if it's not I can safely say that it's a bug in the code.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Well I've just ran a virus scan, and everything seems to be ok. The problem with checking out 2.0 is this glitch only occurs during multiplayer, and you cant play multiplayer in 2.0 anymore.
Screenie From 2.0

The fact that I can see the blue "waiting" text, leads me to believe that it is a bug in the code. I'm gonna wait untill hampa reads this, and if he confirms its not a bug in the code, I'll do what Veb said.

Quanto
no

Originally Posted by Quanto
Well I've just ran a virus scan, and everything seems to be ok. The problem with checking out 2.0 is this glitch only occurs during multiplayer, and you cant play multiplayer in 2.0 anymore.
Screenie From 2.0

The fact that I can see the blue "waiting" text, leads me to believe that it is a bug in the code. I'm gonna wait untill hampa reads this, and if he confirms its not a bug in the code, I'll do what Veb said.

Quanto

That means you need to download the 2.1 version.

The "Waiting.." is just when you login to a server by yourself and are waiting for an opponent.