ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
objects with gravity
by now everyone knows you can create mods. you just make the objects, set rotations, triggers, ect and then you set the gravity. but what if you could make objects with gravity? imagine parkour maps where you can run on a ceiling and floors, or a spar where you go from fighting on ground to on a wall.

i really hope this isnt in the game already, by now some one should have though of it
Are you talking about objects with a gravitational pull? Like if you were to walk onto a wall it would change the gravity to say sideways?

I wouldn't see how it would work, because you would still have the gravity from the ground pulling you down towards it.

Also it would be hard to get the right gravity against a wall, wouldn't it make it feel like you are stuck to it, like a magnet?

I like the idea, but I guess its hard to wrap my head around it.
Veni , Vidi , Vici
Let's elaborate:

There should totally be a feature to set up a/points of gravity. It would also be cool to be able to set up which objects are effected by that gravity aswell. Maybe a feature to set up an actavation/deactivation of different points at certain turnframes would be cool. This would surely develop modding.

On the other hand, I don't really know if toribash could function with a change in the gravity function. I have a bad feeling that it might not be possible.
Last edited by Link; Feb 21, 2015 at 01:56 PM.
The gravity could change when you enter a new area and only for you.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=387213 (an area with diffrent gravity)
I think its possible with lua you can request it.

'-'

EDIT:
If you cant imagine how will an extra area of gravity work. Check the link. It can be done to increse gravity
Last edited by IBlackleon; Feb 22, 2015 at 08:39 PM.
Leon The Black
I really like the idea of changing gravity positions. My only concern is at which point does the new gravity start to effect you and old grav not? like if you have sideways gravity on a wall to where you could run up it, when would you switch to that gravity rather than normal gravity?
Well, it would take you a while to enter a new area. I don't see how this would work. It would be to confusing.

Not supported

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
this would take a lot of debating, i know. the way i see it is you would create an object, set the size of the gravity field, then how powerful the push or pull of the gravity
This would allow for much more detailed mods. Think of the possibilities. Elevators, wallrunning, upside down fighting, SPACE, all kinds of things. However, this would take a BEAST of a PC to run.

Not supported.
I'm just gamin' man
Would just the tori be effected by it or all objects? Would the range just be a sphere which draws things to the centre or would you be able to specify the area of effect more exactly and have it pull in only one direction?

I think the idea would work better if you could just add areas of gravity like objects and they would pull in a single direction so you could do accelerator areas and then areas where you slow down, if this could be done without unbelievable lag I thing this concept would be used for more than just parkour or sparing.

Then again, this would end up being a total mindfuck and probably lag unbearably so maybe not...
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Jaxonia View Post
This would allow for much more detailed mods. Think of the possibilities. Elevators, wallrunning, upside down fighting, SPACE, all kinds of things. However, this would take a BEAST of a PC to run.

Not supported.

the amount of pc power needed to run this would depend on the mod so if you have a slow pc just stay away from mods with this feature.
-----
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
Would just the tori be effected by it or all objects? Would the range just be a sphere which draws things to the centre or would you be able to specify the area of effect more exactly and have it pull in only one direction?

I think the idea would work better if you could just add areas of gravity like objects and they would pull in a single direction so you could do accelerator areas and then areas where you slow down, if this could be done without unbelievable lag I thing this concept would be used for more than just parkour or sparing.

Then again, this would end up being a total mindfuck and probably lag unbearably so maybe not...

if i had the programming knowledge to make it myself i would make it like as follows: you make an object, set the shape of the gravity field(sphere,square/rectangle,cylinder), how big the gravity field is, set the rotation( if its not a sphere) then how strong the gravity is. of course adding in things i may have forgotten.
Last edited by shadow077; Feb 22, 2015 at 07:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump