Ranking
Original Post
Hey, a few things here and there.
hey there everybody. my name's Alex, I'm 13 and I just downloaded Toribash about 2 seconds ago I really love it so far and have been practicing stuff I saw in videos on youtube. thats how I got to join up here. so far I'm pretty clumsy with moving around. if anyone could help with that, that would be great. I don't really have many skills that i could probably use in this game, but I'm willing to try and make a name for myself and make some friends.

thanks, bye.
Well, since you are a beginner, I suggest you start off simple.
For now, use the 'hold all' feature in which all your joints are in the "Hold" position.
This can be done by pressing the 'c' key on your key board while in single player or multiplayer. From there, I suggest you see what each joint does, one joint at a time. Once you understand how all the joints affect your Tori, you can then use multiple joints at once to get your Tori moving. Just play around with it, and see what you come up with. While doing this, make sure you are taking advantage of the ghost feature. Press the 'g' key on your keyboard to toggle both ghosts on and off. Start making joint changes and come up with a good opening move that you think will be able to develop into an even better move.

The best advice I can really give you is to play, play, play.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
or u can press b to see both tori and uke ghost this is to see if you are going to hit the oponent
RAM Member
Hi,

Pretty cool you made your way to our forums, thats great for a start .

Toribash is quite complex at first, but you will be fine once you learned the ropes,
no one can help you get better. Start off with what you learned, give it a couple of days and someday you'll be the guy the people are cheering for.

By the way, check the tutorials section, you will find lots of stuff that will help you become an amazing player. Oh and, the support section, use it whenever your encountering a problem ;], many generous players donate time to help new players solve their problems.

Good luck,
Bye.
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post
Well, since you are a beginner, I suggest you start off simple.
For now, use the 'hold all' feature in which all your joints are in the "Hold" position.
This can be done by pressing the 'c' key on your key board while in single player or multiplayer. From there, I suggest you see what each joint does, one joint at a time. Once you understand how all the joints affect your Tori, you can then use multiple joints at once to get your Tori moving. Just play around with it, and see what you come up with. While doing this, make sure you are taking advantage of the ghost feature. Press the 'g' key on your keyboard to toggle both ghosts on and off. Start making joint changes and come up with a good opening move that you think will be able to develop into an even better move.

The best advice I can really give you is to play, play, play.

Originally Posted by blackshark View Post
Hi,

Pretty cool you made your way to our forums, thats great for a start .

Toribash is quite complex at first, but you will be fine once you learned the ropes,
no one can help you get better. Start off with what you learned, give it a couple of days and someday you'll be the guy the people are cheering for.

By the way, check the tutorials section, you will find lots of stuff that will help you become an amazing player. Oh and, the support section, use it whenever your encountering a problem ;], many generous players donate time to help new players solve their problems.

Good luck,
Bye.

Thanks to both of you, I'll try to apply your advice.