Toribash
Original Post
Toribash ingame Chat layout redesign [Rev3]
Hi guys!
sorry for the delay... I've finally done my first try at redesigning the ingame layout of Toribash.
Here it is!

Rev1

Opinions/Ideas/Tips are very welcome!

P.S.: As Rev1 this is going to change in the next few days. Rev2 is actually already under work ;)
P.P.S.: If you haven't already, don't forget to check my "Multiplayer layout redesign"

-------------- Newer versions ------------------
Here you can find the whole presention (multiplayer + chat)
Toribash redesign - Behance
be sure to check the gif!

Rev3: Gamespace higly optmized (!!), horizontal timer, positions fixed, Queue hidden by default, new chatbar

Behavior of the chatbar
when a new message arrives, the corrisponding tab became red. If you click on the chatbar it will expand (going upwards) and show the 10 last messages.
Just click outside to make it smaller again. When it's minimized the chatbar only show the last message received.

(click to view at full-size)

Welcome/login page redesign is coming soon!
Stay tuned

Rev2 - colors fixed, added scroll bar, brand new HISTORY feature, useful suggestions when "/" is typed

Last edited by LordLucas; Jun 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Rev3
That's so awesome! I like the way older messages fade out. It looks so neat and very Toribashy . I hope your stuff is considered because it's awesome! It also shows you when you are in a server with your buddy? That's great! The buddy system will actually mean something for once

- Supported
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
That's so awesome! I like the way older messages fade out. It looks so neat and very Toribashy . I hope your stuff is considered because it's awesome! It also shows you when you are in a server with your buddy? That's great! The buddy system will actually mean something for once

- Supported

Thank you so much Kradel!! You support is reeeally appreciated

In Rev2 i'll add:
- list of common commands istantly showed when "/" is typed
- History (show a summary of the last 5 rounds)
The show a summary of last five rounds would be so useful for duel scam reports. All great ideas! Keep them coming
This is so much better than the current layout... I love how you can minimize the names :3
Bringer of Hell
It looks kinda neat! The current UI could use a facelift. A semi-transparent grey outline for the names would be also nice, that way we could avoid trolling with the pure usernames/timers.
Can we stop whith this and just make this guy a dev? these are too good to not be implemented, my only problem is it looks too appleish if you know what i mean.
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
hmm maybe add a little bar thing to scroll through chat?
would be nice.
other than that this is great.
agreeing with ynvaser here. pure user text is really annoying when trying to see points and whatnot, so maybe add a dropshadow on the text, to make pure atleast visible.

as for the chat, it looks fantastic, although it would be really nice if you could implement a way to scroll through the chat like you'd scroll through a webpage.

totally supported, great work.
baha
The current UI really does need work, and I like these changes. What is the arrow next to "Queue" for? To make the whole thing disappear?

The only think I don't like is the added opacity of the chat box. That could get in the way of the gameplay. I should be able to toggle it off or on.

Supported btw
Last edited by Super; Aug 24, 2014 at 05:41 AM.
fl0w