Ranking
Original Post
[RPG] Magna Historia #1: Galt's Revolt
MAGNA HISTORIA
Act One: Galt's Revolt

Welcome to Magna Historia #1: A tale from the history of Fabula Magnus!

How does one participate?

Just apply! Come to our channel, #magnus, and we will talk to you. You also have to be a member of the Fabula Magnus organization to play. You do not have to be part of the Fabula Magnus RPG, though, so no worries if you aren't. When making a character, fill out this sheet. For a list of houses, check this out.

What of conduct?

Just be ready to make compromises. All of the Fabula Magnus RPG rules and the Fabula Magnus Organization rules apply.

What exactly am I getting into?

This is based on the history of the FMRPG, so the core gameplay is pretty much the same. However, there will be even less magic in this version, and only one nation, which is in revolution. We try to be as realistic as we can.

Who are the GMs?

Thorn is the main GM, who controls the entire game.

RayA75 and Enzu will handle the smaller stuff.

What about a map of the world?

What's the story, here?

Read this. The story follows Galt Medeis's revolution. The story is set in the beginning, when open conflict has started and it is officially civil war. There are a lot of parts here, so just come to our channel and we will explain everything.

Characters:

RayA75

Enzu

Law

Floop

Aikido

Hero

Deceased Characters

Last edited by Thorn; Dec 9, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Saxum; The Ebon Tower
As the gates of the citadel open, Bryce strolls through, nodding at guards as they salute. The walkways and courtyards are oddly desolate, their magnificence to be admired by no one, the nobles and commoners alike just pass as if they've seen it every day to their work.
Bryce enters the main chamber, where the meeting is to be held.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.

It is June 4th, 202nd year of the Strange Era, Monday. 12:00 AM.

Civil war has recently broken out, and physical confrontations have begun. The Magnomi leads the country against Galt Medeis' rebellion, which is centered in the city of Central. Galt currently holds Central, Porte, and Cael.

Ebon Tower

A large round table is laid out in the chamber, decorated with carvings, cloths, inlaid metals and gems, and ornate candles. A huge chandelier hanging directly above the table from the high ceiling illuminates the room to brightness. Stained glass windows also breathe in sunlight, depicting historic heroes and events. Large tapestries hang from columns and walls, embroidered with the marks of cities, houses, and historic figures. Doors and halls leading to other places dot the walls. Despite being dark on the outside, the great hall is constructed of hearty marble and ivory.

The table itself is occupied by chatting nobles representing their various houses, followed by their personal servants. Palace servants hand out drinks and snacks to the guests, bustling in and out to fulfill their every need. A seat is left reserved for Bryce, at the far left of the table (from his point of view). He receives a few glances as he enters.
Last edited by Thorn; Mar 5, 2012 at 03:42 AM.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Ebon Tower
"Greetings, gentlemen"
Bryce takes his seat.
"Are we all present now?"
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Ebon Tower

One noble, Godwin Prima, answers.

"Aye, we're just waiting for his majesty Magnomi himself. He shouldn't be too long now. Why don't you get yourself a drink before we begin a lengthy discussion?"

Another noble speaks up.

"Yes, you look like the kind of man without enough wine in him."
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Ebon Tower
"As long as it's wine and not hemlock"
He says snidely at the noble.
In the same breath, he takes a glass of wine from a servant, keeping it to drink throughout the meeting.
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Ebon Tower

Godwin frowns, and opens his mouth to say something, but stops himself as another noble enters their presence, finding himself the only unoccupied seat: a large, ornate, mobile throne, cushioned for comfort. The man himself is garbed in black and silver colors, depicting falcons in flight. His uncovered hair is dark, but not necessarily black, and tightly cropped, and slightly grayed at the edges. His eyes are emerald, shining with diligence, intelligence, and maturity. He bears no crown, oddly.

As he seats himself, a servant, also dressed in black and silver garb, shuffles forth and cries,

"Attention, all to bear witness! Your Majesty, sir Atticus Magnomi, lord of the Ebon Tower and Governor of all human affairs!"

After many bows and scraping of chairs, the king waves down the processions.

"I thank you all for attending this special counsel. We have much to discuss."

He glances towards his servant, who nods and scurries off, relaying messages to the palace servants. After a while, they are all gone, save for personal attendants of the lords and the king.

"First, how are the families?"
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Ebon Tower
As the tables gazes fall upon him, Bryce speaks
"The Caryottes are poised and ready for a fight. Though, if I may suggest, a diplomatic compromise would save the men, money, and resources. It is your decision, your majesty."
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Ebon Tower

Atticus nods, shifting his gaze to every house representative, who agree with Bryce, though with some differences with being "diplomatic".

The king sips from a goblet, and quietly clears his throat.

"I see. We are not caught defenseless, then, which is good. As you know, there have already been conflicts, mostly minor skirmishes, but conflicts nonetheless. While I would like to end this without much bloodshed, I do not think diplomacy alone will end this... war."

He is silent for a moment.

"Regardless, we should focus on bringing as many people on our side as possible. We cannot afford to lose control of our populace, so we will assume and assert that there is no neutral, only with or against."

A somewhat bloated noble speaks up.
"I say we attack one of the neutral houses right now, as an example to the others."

Another voice.
"Nonsense. The idea is to preserve allegiances, not destroy potential allies."

More voices join in:
"Aye, and fear is a strong diplomatic tool."
"What of the long run? Some of us plan on existing after this war is settled, you know."
"I agree. We should preserve what peace we can."
"Peace is done with, don't you see? It's war, man, not some political version of chess."
"Surely you are joking. Politics are a huge part of war. Not that you would know anything of political matters."
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Ebon Tower
"No, no, no. An ally feared onto your side will only stab you in the back. We cannot waste our forces on our own potential friends. The best we can do is gain their actual allegiance."
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn