Ranking
Shoveling can be hard to counter if your opener isn't particularly good against defending it. But still definitely destroyable.
I do an aikido move thingy that is a backflip lift. One thing that enrages me is when someone says lowering both arms is cheap, fucking deal with it and stop doing your lame snapkicks to counter it. Besides, my backflip lift is like 5 times harder to execute than a shovel. Also, these guys' moves have the same purpose as a shovel, they grab and lift, it's just easier to counter.

Good strategys to counter a shovel, do a lower shovel:
extend glutes, contract knees, contract pecs, lower shoulders, then lift next turn

Or, fall over him, basically when he shovels try to jump over him using the momentum of his arms pushing you up, works a lot less, but is a ton cool.
the god
Originally Posted by culapou View Post
One thing that enrages me is when someone says lowering both arms is cheap, fucking deal with it and stop doing your lame snapkicks to counter it.

It is cheap. And if we have to deal with lowering arms you have to deal with lame snapkick counters.

Also, these guys' moves have the same purpose as a shovel, they grab and lift, it's just easier to counter.

Actually no. The purpose of the shovel is to grab the torso. By doing so your opponents possibilities of moving are rather limited. You have to grab his arms to not get lifted away so your chest is useless. Your opponent is handicapped that's why I consider it cheap.

Good strategys to counter a shovel, do a lower shovel:
extend glutes, contract knees, contract pecs, lower shoulders, then lift next turn

Aikido would end like Judo. Beating a cheap move by making a cheaper one is no solution in my opinion. Breaking shoulders and pecs is the best way.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Although I don't like the move, I'm ok with it. It's easily counterable (if thats a word).
Like NutHug said, you just need to dismember or fracture their sholder. Or mess up their footing like War_Hero also said

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

I personally don't mind Shoveling or Noob Claps for that matter. I found that the simple maneuver of a jump strafe can counter most shovels.
WANT QUALITY ITEMS?WANT THEM AT A LOW PRICE? SHOP AT THE"PRICE SHOP"!
http://forum.toribash.com/market_view.php?id=7443
hehehe.. my shovel i much more frustrating than your average shovel. (considering the fact that im a brown belt) i do a move that i call a pedo grab. i grab your crotch and lift you out of the dojo. XD pm me if you want to know how to do it.